thirty five

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."-D.C

Song for this chapter: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran

.

.

I think Harry and I's version of soon is different. It's been 5 days. 5 days of the same routine. We wake up next to each other, go get coffee, I ask him when we're leaving, he says soon, we walk around until dinner, then come back and sleep.

"Harry Edward Styles. You have told me everyday that we're leaving soon. Soon does not mean a week from now. Soon means tomorrow, or in a few hours." I told him and he rolled his eyes at me. "Soon means, when I feel like it." He said with a sigh.

"Harry." I whined. "Caylah." He mimicked me. I glared and him and sighed. "Why can't I go home?" I asked him and he sighed. "It's not safe, Caylah." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Not this again." I groaned. 

"Why don't you trust me?!" He exclaimed. "If you knew what they'd do to you if you went back you'd be wanting me to get you out of the country!" He shouted and I winced. "Harry, I need to go home." I stated firmly.

"If something happened to you, I don't know what I'd do." He sighed. "Two days, Harry. That's all I need. Then we can go to Iceland for all I care." I chuckled. "Two days?" He said and I nodded. "Please." I begged and he sighed.

"Only if I'm with you at all times, got it?" He said and I smiled widely. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I cheered as I kissed him all over his face. "When do we leave?" I asked him as I pulled back. "We could leave tonight?" He asked. "Tonight." I confirmed with a smile.

*-*-*-*

"What do you call a group of unorganized cats?" Harry said and I groaned. "No more jokes, please." I begged him. "C'mon, humor me." He pouted. "I've been humoring you for the past hour." I huffed in annoyance.

"Caylah." He whined. "Fine." I groaned. "What?" I said. "A cat-astrophe." He burst out laughing. I shook my head with a smile on my face. "One more, one more." He said quickly. "Why don't they play poker in the jungle?" He said with a huge smile on his face.

"I don't know, why don't they?" I said sarcastically. "There's too many cheetahs." He laughed extremely hard. "Get it? Like cheaters, but cheetahs because it's a jungle." He said while laughing. "Yeah, I get it." I chuckled.

"One more?" He begged and I rolled my eyes. "Do you have like a joke book implanted in your brain?" I said and he rolled his eyes at me. "Fine, Harry. This is the last one though!" I exclaimed and he nodded. "Okay, okay." He said.

"What do you call children of the corn's father?" He questioned and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I asked. "Pop corn." He laughed and I shook my head. "That joke was corny." I laughed and he glared at me."You're not funny, Caylah." 

I had to put up with this for another hour and I didn't know how I was going to survive. I ignored him and turned on the radio. I skimmed through the channels to try and find something I liked. "There's nothing good on." I sighed.

"Just listen to my voice, I hear it's soothing." He joked. "Who has told you that?" I laughed and he shrugged. "People." He said and I nodded my head. "Okay." I said sarcastically. "You're lucky I love you." He said.

I intertwined our hands over the console and ran my fingers over his knuckles. "You're hands are always so cold." I stated and he laughed. "It's called being immortal, darling." He smirked. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You just did." He smirked. "Harry." I said warningly. "Ask away, my love." He said and I smiled. "How do you, like, get changed?" I asked him and his eyes widened, obviously not expecting that question. "Why?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"General information." I told him and he sighed. "You either need to have vampire blood or venom in your body." He started. "If you have vampire blood in your body and you die, you change and you don't feel anything." He sighed.

"The venom is when you're bit. It's pretty self explanatory. When you're bit the venom goes to your heart. It changes everything, but it's really painful." He said and winced as if remembering. "Sounds...intense." I said and he nodded. "It is."

"Is that how you were changed?" I asked him and he tensed. "Yeah, but I'd rather not talk about that." He said and I nodded understandingly. "What did it feel like when it was done?" I asked, probably overstepping my boundaries.

"I was confused at first. I didn't know exactly what to do." He explained. "I felt like I could do anything, which I probably could." He said with a humorless laugh. I didn't let him continue because I knew it was a touchy subject.

"How does it all work?" I asked him and he shot me a confused look. "I never really see you going to, uhm..." I trailed off, not knowing the right words to say. "To get blood?" He questioned and I nodded uneasily.

"Since I've been a vampire for so long I don't need to drink as often. Sure, my strength goes down, but it makes me feel more human." He spoke and I nodded. "Do you... Do you kill people?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"I mean, I have before, but I usually just get blood bags or something." He said and he chuckled. "Can we stop talking about this? I haven't drank in nearly a week." He said and my eyes widened. "Yeah, sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. You're allowed to ask questions." He said and squeezed my hand. We were mostly quiet for the rest of the trip, other than Harry's occasional cheesy jokes, I eventually fell asleep, but I was woken up not too long later. "Cay, we're here."

.

.

[A/N: That wasn't a cliffhanger. I just didn't know where to end it haha. Remember to comment guys! I love seeing your comments. They make me happy.]