thirty seven

"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."-M.

Song for this chapter: Born to Die by Lana Del Rey

.

.

I was left in the house alone while Harry went to the school and the coffee shop for me. We had to meet my dad for dinner in about 2 hours and I had to get a shower before that, so Harry offered to clear everything up for me here.

He was hesitant to leave me home alone, but I convinced him that I would be okay. That and I promised I'd lock all the windows and doors and close the curtains to the window in my room. I sat on my bed just scrolling through my phone until I was cutting my time short.

 I got in the shower and took my time. It was soothing just to forget about everything for awhile. I eventually had to get out when the water turned cold. I twisted the nozzle till the water shut off completely and wrapped an old towel around my body.

I brushed my hair out and let it air dry. I wasn't dressing to impress tonight. I was exhausted and I knew Harry would have us leave town again soon. I was dreading that day. I didn't want to leave, but I knew it wasn't safe here.

I still had to see Meredith before I left. I missed her so much. I've been so caught up with everything I've hardly had time to think of her. Now that I was, I was mad at myself. I made a mental note to call her first thing tomorrow.

When I was pretty much dried off, I threw on skinny jeans and a long sleeved shirt. It was kind of chilly out, since dusk was here. I slipped on my socks then laid on my bed until Harry got back. We had to meet my dad in half an hour and it takes about 10 minutes to get there, so he better get here soon.

A few minutes later I heard a strange noise from outside. I brushed it off, just thinking it was the wind or an animal. A few moments later I heard a loud knock on my window. A lump formed in my throat and my heart started pounding in fear.

I didn't know what to do. Harry told me not to open my curtains or any doors until he got back. Ignoring my better judgment, I went over to the window and peeked through the curtains. I didn't see anything for a moment until I heard a huge thud and I saw Harry clinging to the window.

I pulled the curtains open and opened the window. "You dick! You scared me!" I slapped his arm as he climbed through. "Sorry, love." He smiled and pecked my cheek. "Next time, give me a warning." I said as I tried to get my heart rate back to normal.

"Couldn't you use the door like a normal person?" I chuckled. "Love, I'm anything but normal." He smirked. "I've realized." I sighed. "We have to go." I said and grabbed my phone from the charger. "Let's go then." He said and opened my door.

We walked downstairs and into his car. He quickly pulled out of the driveway and made his way to the restaurant. "What'd the school say?" I asked him and he sighed. "They removed you, but if you can't finish the year. You'll have to repeat it next year." He said and I groaned.

"It's my senior year." I groaned. "I know it is. I'm sorry." He apologized and I shrugged. "What about the coffee shop?" I asked him. "They said they understood with everything happening. They kinda figured you quit when you didn't come in ever." He said and I nodded.

"Thank you for do that." I thanked him and he smiled. "Anything for you." He said and a slight blush rose on my cheeks. We shortly pulled into the restaurants parking lot. It was just a small cafe, thankfully. I was too tired to go somewhere that'd take forever.

I saw my dads car in the parking lot as we walked inside. I figured he was already seated so I asked the hostess where he was at. She lead me to the table and my heart dropped when I saw who was with him. Robert.

Harry gripped my hand tightly and he took in a sharp breath. "I thought you said he wasn't going to be here." He said sharply. "He wasn't supposed to be." I defended. I forced a tight smile as we approached the table.

They both looked up and Robert's gaze stuck on Harry. They were glaring at each other and my dad was about to take notice. "Hi dad...Robert." I nodded curtly. "Hey guys." My dad said and motioned for us to sit down.

We sat down and I shot a look at my dad, telling him to explain. "Robert and I were both stuck in a meeting that I called, so I invited him to dinner. Hope that's not a problem." My dad said with a smile. God, he had no idea what he did.

"No problem at all." I said uncomfortably. "Why so quiet, son?" My dad asked as he looked at Harry. "Long day." Harry said through gritted teeth. I ran my fingers over his knuckles in attempt to calm him down slightly.

After we had eaten and gotten through multiple awkward conversations, my dad insisted that we had dessert. Harry hadn't eaten anything, obviously. "Harry, are you sure you don't want anything?" My dad asked as he looked over the the dessert menu.

"Yeah, Harry. You must be hungry." Robert added with a smug look. "I actually ate before I came here." Harry said with a smirk as he looked at Robert. I hit Harry's leg under the table and shot him a warning glance.

"That's a shame." Robert said, eyes ice cold. After we had gotten the bill we all stood up to leave. "Nice seeing you both." Robert said with a weird look. "I'll be seeing you both real soon." He said with a smirk and my heart dropped.

.

.

[A/N: It's getting good nowwww. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter.]