forty two

"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

Song for this chapter: Trouble (Stripped) by Halsey

(A/N: Please don't hate me for this chapter...)

.

.

. Harry's POV .

.

.

1 Hour Earlier

I was stuck. Completely and utterly stuck. I was stuck in a random room knowing that Caylah was somewhere out there needing my help. These men were a thousand times stronger than I was. I couldn't help her.

I clawed at my face in frustration. How could I have let this happen? I knew we should've left, but I didn't make her. I didn't make her because I knew how damn happy she'd be if I let her see her father and friends.

Nothing made me happier than seeing her smile. Now, knowing I may never see her smile again ripped at my heart. I just felt pain and longing for her. I don't know if it scared me more that I may never see her again or she may be dead.

Please don't be dead. The thought alone made my heart hurt. She couldn't be dead. I couldn't even see anything it was so dark in here. I needed to get out and I needed to help her. She's so fragile and helpless. 

I couldn't help but think if I had never had the idea to go with Liam that day nothing of this would've ever happened. I shook the thought from my head. I love her. I could never forget the day we met or want to take it back.

I stared at the ceiling and fought back tears. She was going to die. I can't save her on my own. I sighed and choked out a sob. I put my hands over my face and shook my head. I can't let her die. I won't let her die.

I ran towards the door and tried to pound it down. I smacked my body against it until it was dented, but it still wouldn't budge. I groaned in frustration. When the door made a creaking sound my eyes widened.

The door was pushed open and I attempted to run out the door, but I was stopped and held by two men. "Harry, Harry, Harry." Robert tsked at me. "Running out before we've even gotten started is just plain rude." He shook his head at me.

I ignored him as I tried to get out of the holds on my arm. "I told you I'm sorry what more do you want from me?!" I exclaimed. "I want my daughter back, but you took her from me. I want you to feel the same." He said with a glare.

I didn't know what to say to him. How could I excuse myself for that? I couldn't. I shot him the deadliest glare I could manage and tried to take a hit on him, but I couldn't get that far before the men pulled me back.

"Let's get the party started, shall we boys?" He said as he motioned for them to go further. "Take him to her. I have some things to do and I'll be right over." He commanded. The men nodded and pulled me away.

I still continued to pull away from them as they pushed me down a random hallway. They finally reached a door and unlocked it and pushed it open. I pushed against them as we walked into the room. 

"Caylah!" I exclaimed as I saw her with chains above her arm. Her shirt was soaked with blood making me start to panic. "Harry." She said weakly with a small smile making my heart break in two. "I'm so sorry." I cried out.

She didn't answer making me panic, but I panicked more when the door reopened and Robert walked in. "I never thought I'd see the day Harry Styles fell in love." He said with his eyebrows raised. "It's cute, really." He laughed as he walked towards Caylah.

"Poor girl... You should've stayed away, Harry. She wouldn't have been in this position if it weren't for you. I guess you could say you're technically the one who's going to kill her. What a shame..." He tsked while looking at me.

"Don't hurt her." I begged, but I realized it was no use. He wasn't going to change his mind. "Sounds familiar, right Harry? Don't hurt her! Where have I heard that before? Oh right... When you were killing my daughter." He spat.

"I'm sorry. I'm different now! You have to believe me!" I pleaded. "I do believe you. I don't know if I can let her go without a scratch though..." Robert trailed off and shrugged. "I don't think I will." He laughed.

He approached Crystal and hit her wound making her cry out in pain. "Stop! Don't hurt her!" I cried out feeling so helpless. "Please,  I'll do anything!" I screamed. "See, the thing is Harry... I don't want anything from you. I just want you to feel how I felt when you killed the only person I loved." Robert said while glaring at me.

He then took out a knife and slashed it against her thigh making her scream. I let out a loud sob as I witnessed the most important thing in my life get injured. "I could make this easy and just cut an artery... Or I could go slow and let her bleed out slowly..." He trailed off pondering his options.

"I think I'll go for the latter." He said and slashed the knife against her wrist making more blood pour out. I was sobbing and struggling trying to get to her. "Harry..." She whispered making me sob harder. "I love you." She said and lost consciousness. 

Seconds after that I heard her heart stop.

.

.

(A/N: I HATE MYSELF GTGTGTGTGTG)