2. It can be tough sometimes.

JORDAN’S POV

        I woke up with a heavy weight on my chest and I know it has nothing to do with the little dog on top of me and everything to do with the events of my life catching up on me.  I never had to wake up and guess if I would have a good day or a bad day but that was what was happening to me for the past few weeks.  And this day I felt like it was really going to be bad.

      Not because of the night before when Nick saw Deke’s text and got up and left me in the kitchen feeling like a villain.  No.  I missed my home.  Even though I kept saying to myself that there is no home for me anymore.

      I got sucked into one of those events when I make myself remember every bit of the detail when my own father beat me to near death.  I am clearly a masochist.

       Tears streaked down my face when I remembered my mother standing just outside the door not stopping him or even intervening him to make his beatings hurt less.  She just stood there and kept shaking her head with tears running down her own face like she didn’t think I would have enough reprieve to be saved.

        They didn’t even hear me out.  I would have made them understand.  I always dreamt about how caring they would be and would make me feel better when I came out to them but now, I knew everything I wanted will not always be what I get. 

       I made up my mind, in that hospital bed with the bruises still fresh on my skin and the recent memories which was stuck in my head that I would run away from anything and everything which makes me do things without putting my head in it. 

        That day I lost my parents, my home, and most importantly my happiness.  I liked to think that I would never know what it would be anyways.

       I sat there on Amelia’s bed and thought to myself when I was going to lose this too and be homeless.  I hoped it would be soon so that I could get used to the streets pretty fast. 

       I scoffed. 

       “Like that could happen while she was alive.”  I mused.

       The only good thing that came from me being almost dead is that I got to see other side of Amelia.  A sister I never had.  I heard rustling in the kitchen. 

      5….4….3….2….1…

     Knock. Knock.

      “Hey, sleepy head.  Good morning.”  Amelia greeted with her usual cheery self. 

       “I think people knock at doors so that they could get permission before entering, not like barge inside anytime.”  I said and smiled, which was empty just like how I felt inside.

       “Pfftttt…  It not like I care about your state of undress, because I have my own ‘man hulk’.”  She stage whispered the last part.  There were footsteps behind her and a large hand tapped her ass, hard.

         Amelia gasped and behind her Mr. Wilso….Zach, chuckled. 

       Even though he insisted me to call him by his first name I couldn’t get into it.  They continued to bicker like old married couple.  Finally, Zach noticed me sitting there.

       “Hey, there.  Good morning.”

      “Morning, Teach.”  I greeted back.

       Zach pulled Amelia out of the room and dragged her down the hallways towards his.  I smirked, knowing fully well that there would be insistent noises drifting along the halls.  They were like rabbits, always fucking.