29. Sometimes it is best to let it go.

NICK’S POV

2 weeks later…

      Something was bothering Jordan.  Because when all the rush and excitement towards the birth of Mia’s child waned, I realized that I completely sidestepped what was Jordan feeling.  But he was more than excited to meet the baby.  But something else was going on with him.

       It started on the first night and it proceeded until we never really touching each other.  He gives me a peck here and there but that is it.  I couldn’t exactly pinpoint what the problem was about. 

      First, I thought he somehow got bored to be simply with me but it was not the case.  He was there with me regularly but when I hint at getting physical, he comes up with some bullshit excuse.  I wanted to shout at him and make him talk to me.

      Second, I was sure being here made him uncomfortable so he was just simply withdrawing but I watched him be happy being with the fam than him being alone.

      I was confused as hell.

      One time, I watched him stare at his phone unseeing for ten minutes before I careened his attention onto me.

     I was scared for him.

      I asked him to open up to me in many indirect ways and also asked straight to his face if he did not like being with me.

      But he somehow slithered off from that question too.

      I seriously doubted my interrogations skills were that shit but I knew if Jordan wanted to avoid me, he would have plenty of reasons for that.

     So, I broke down and used his tactics.  But it proved harder than I thought it would.

      I made myself scroll through my Instagram feed while I drank coffee, to avoid looking at Jordan.  My first step in my plan was to not smother Jordan and act uninterested until and after he needed my attention.

       And it hadn’t been few minutes till Jordan entered the kitchen and I was already itching to go near him and ask him if he was okay.

      I was absolutely gone for that man.

      Steeling myself against his unintentional wooing, I surfed through some of the nearby bars or clubs.  Mia and Amelia wanted a girl’s night with the baby and Anna so George decided that all the guys could go outside and do something fun. 

        Both George and Zach decided on some high-end restaurant for dinner but I know Jordan would feel uncomfortable so, I decided that after that dinner we could go to someplace which was laid back.

      I was not that familiar with Pittsburgh so when I searched for clubs and bars near me, many came in.  But one particular one caught my attention.  ‘The leather Bar’ within 25 minutes by car.

      I was instantly intrigued as I clicked on it.  The whole page’s background was different types of leather material and some guys in leather jackets looking big and burly.  Was it some kind of fetish thing?

     I didn’t know how many minutes; I was scrolling through it without awareness of my surroundings.  But after I saw that it was a gay club, I was even more intrigued by it.  I damn near swallowed my tongue when I saw what looked to be a cross and a man tied it to it.  My wide eyes took all in as a shadow fell across me.

      “Um..”  A meek voice cleared their throat.

      I looked up and saw Jordan standing over me with his eyes trained on my phone.  On instinct, I jerked it back but when I saw the slightly parted lips of his and the hardened nipples under his thin t-shirt, I brought it back.