36. Psychopath: /ˈsʌɪkəpaθ/: an unstable and aggressive person.

JORDAN’S POV

BEWARE!!  SOME DARK SHIT AHEAD.

Before I even opened my eyes, I knew that I was in unknown surroundings. Because the hair in my neck stood up and I could smell stale air all around me.

I slowly opened my eyes and hissed when light pierced into the cramped room directly at my eyes. I managed to blink a few times to adjust my eyes to the partially dark and equally lightroom.

My head lolled sideways when it became heavy for me to hold it upright. My brain felt foggy and I didn’t know what happened to me. It was like a bit of my memory was ripped away from me. I scrunched up my eyes and began to think about what happened today. But I can’t remember a thing. It felt like my brain was contemplating whether it should send the message sooner or later.

Frustrated I decided to get up. But I felt my hands behind me chained to something. Confused I turned back to look as much as I can and saw that my hands were bound to each other and connected to the back of my chair. Panic clawed at my throat but I felt myself ease and look down at me.

I was wearing clothes, which was always a plus. Like my hands, my legs were bound to the chair legs. I rattled the chair a bit but it didn’t wobble like I hoped it would. It was sturdy and thick so escaping this hold would be impossible. But my survival instincts kicked in and I started to use both my legs on the floor to rattle it. But all that move rattled was my brain.

I whimpered when a sharp pain stabbed at the sides of my head and I felt like I was going to throw up but I managed to swallow the bile and tried to massage my head with my shoulder but I couldn’t manage. Suddenly, everything was blurry and I started seeing two. I tried not to pass out but whatever in my body rebelled against my command and pulled me under the darkness.

And I welcomed it.

……

I didn’t know how much time passed before I woke up again but the light filtering inside the room was less offending this time around.

I was awake enough to scope out the room I was in. But to call it a room was a bit much of a stretch. There was a musty smell surrounding the air telling me that this was the first time the room had been opened for a long time.

But with the windows open the stale air was less put out.

I turned around and saw a plastic-covered mattress that looked untouched and two doors nearby to the bed. I didn’t know which one was the exit and the chair I was in didn’t even move. The room was small and my worry-filled brain wanted to demand answers.

I again looked around to see even a sharp item so that I could fling myself with the chair, even if my body would get battered. But the room was so bare that I suspected it was not used for a very long time.

I struggled some more with the bindings but some sharp sting from my thigh made me froze. I looked down to see my khaki pants intact but there was pinprick sensation and before when I felt numb, now it was spreading like fire.

Sting. Injection. Brayden.

Everything came suddenly to my muddled brain and I felt my breath seize up.

Shit.

I just got caught by a lion voluntarily. Why did I make the mistake of getting into the car even if I saw that the uber was minutes away? Immediately my mind went to Nick. I wanted to cry.

What would he be feeling?

I wouldn’t know because he was not there right then. I eyed both the doors like Brayden would pop inside any minute now. I felt irrational fear which was justified because even if he raped me before he didn’t tie me up or kidnap me, he just left me alone. I was not sure why he was escalating this quickly.