25. Trust me, you can dance.

NICK’S POV

        I picked up Amelia from the college entrance as she said she wanted a ride today.  Jordan said he would walk to the apartment with his friends.  So, I chilled in my car for few minutes before Amelia texted me to pick her up.  We all completed our last exam for the semester, and it would be a vacation for the next couple of months and I was excited about it. 

       I eased into the steady trickle of student traffic and spotted Amelia standing in a shade with her whole body slouched against the wall.  She looked tired.  When she spotted my car, she extracted herself from the wall and into my car.

      “What happened?  Didn’t write the exam well?”  I enquired. 

      “That’s not the problem.”  She groaned and clutched her lower stomach.

       “Oh, okay.”  I understood.  She was on her period.  I didn’t know anything about it other than Mia being moody for the next few days after her period.  Her mood swings would give me a whiplash so I would provide myself scarcely so that Zach could take the brunt of it.  But I respect the hell out of him to keep up with the girls in his life.

      I smiled a little as I maneuvered the car in the traffic.  It usually takes five to seven minutes to reach the apartment in the car but because of the general student traffic, it took a few more minutes. 

      I was deep in thought about what I would have to expect in the club.  I didn’t know if it would be like a normal club I generally go to or utterly different.  Before Jordan said those words about going to a gay club I never thought to explore there.  Because why would I?  I already had my sights on Jordan.  Only if I could convince him that. 

       Stopping at the parking lot, I locked my car and opened the door to get out. 

      “Wait!”  Amelia yelled.

       My heart hammered in fear as I swirled around in my seat to look at her.  Did she get hurt?  But she had a mischievous smile on her lips.

       “What?  You nearly gave me a heart attack, Abs.”  I relaxed in the seat to calm my racing pulse.

       “Sorry.  I just wanted to know if you are going somewhere.  Today.”

      “Hmmm yeah.  Why?”  I was suspicious now.

       “Just wanted to ask.  With whom are you going?”

       “Why are you playing coy.  You know whom I am going with.”  I snarked.

        She raised her palms.  “Don’t bite me.  Just wanted to confirm because Jordan said he was going to a gay club tonight and I wanted to know if it concerns you.”

      “It does but I am going with him.  He doesn’t believe me when I say that I don’t need to experiment with things.  Maybe I am attracted to guys, too.  But that doesn’t change the fact that I am more than attracted to him.”  I said, exhausted.

       “I can feel you.  But don’t you genuinely want to know.  Like under which label you come under.  And I don’t mean the sexual label.  I mean your inner label.  Tell me honestly that it doesn’t frustrate you to not to know if you are truly attracted to girls.”  She turned around in her seat and looked at me with intent.

      I put the words around in my mind and was surprised to realize that I indeed wanted to know if I was attracted to other men.

      I nodded, ruefully.

       “Okay, so listen to me.  I know that you are afraid of looking at guys and thinking through things like being only sexually attracted to them or looking good.  And there will also be a fear of rejection or the said guy may be straight.  So, what is not a better way to find out other than in a gay club where all the guys will be attracted to guys?  Huh?”  She asked, enthusiastically.