9. You keep me awake at night.

NICK’S POV

        For the tenth time that day my gaze travels to Jordan’s desk and I saw him sitting there with his eyes glued to the screen doing something.  It was the same as before couple of times but he was then bending down to look at his papers on his desk.  I know I am obsessively staring at him but I couldn’t for the life of me turn around.  But I do complete the task Mr. Jacobs assigned me.  It was done half distracted but I knew I ought to not have made any mistakes.  It was just a normal Petition application fill up any way.

       My mind wandered back to how Jordan took hesitant steps towards the glass enclosure and his awe in his face when he looked down at the people milling around on the streets, it all made me so damn appreciate of the view.  Even though my eyes were only on Jordan. 

       His fascination riled me up so much that I wanted to push him against the glass wall and kiss his mouth rough.  But I knew it would be an instant death for me and reeled in my desire.  It seemed to flare up even more nowadays that I feel like he doesn’t hate me like before.  And it definitely isn’t good for my health to be hard all day, literally. 

       I looked at Jordan again and he was in the same position as few minutes before.  I sighed.  This isn’t going to work out. 

       I got up and collected my materials which I completed for Mr. Jacobs and walked towards his office.  I some how manage to not go near Jordan and inform him where I will be.  It’s going to be a long day.

       I knock on Mr. Jacobs’s door myself because his assistant was not in front of her desk. 

       “Come in.”  His gruff voice boomed out.

      I remembered being shit scared when I first heard his voice and then when I saw him first time I managed not to laugh because I loved the internship very much to lose it. 

      I entered his room and looked at his baby face.  At his early forties with the voice which matched the age, his face didn’t.  At first glance he would look like mid-twenties but when you look at him closely you could see his frown lines, grey hair and some wrinkles near his fingers.

      “Hey, Mr. Jacobs.”  I greeted him and sat down in the chair in front of his desk.  From other side of the desk his eyes popped to mine.

      “I was waiting for you, Nick.  Did you fill up the Petition?” 

       “I did.  Just needs your sign and it can be filed.”  I handed over the papers to him and relaxed in the chair. 

      I always felt comfortable in his office.  It was cosy and warm with pictures of his wife and children, unlike some other seniors who like to intimidate others with their office alone. 

       “Good job.  I will file it afterwards.”  He neatly placed it in his desk before steepling his fingers in front of him and looked at me. 

      “Where is Sasha?”  I asked referring to his assistant. 

       “Ah.  Sent her to get me coffee but I guess she would have got caught up gossiping with Lia.”  Our lobbyist.  They both are the worst and best employees this firm could have. 

      I laughed.  “Tell me how you take it, I will make one and bring it to you.” 

      “Oh my god, yes thank you.  Half a cup of milk with two spoons of sugar.”  He jutted out his order.  “You are a good man.”  He added.

      “Does you wife know you take this much of sugar?”  I enquired as I stood up with a smile. 

      “She doesn’t and it will stay that way.”  He said with his narrowed eyes on me.