17. You deserve to feel free.

NICK’S POV

        It was the last class for that day and the lecture about administrative law made me a sleeping mess.  I usually tried to concentrate on the classes as much as I can but today, I had an early practice and sleep deprivation can be a real bitch. 

       My guys killed in the hoop this morning and we were all as ready as we ever will be for the next match.  I zoned in at the last minute and groaned at the professor’s message.

       “….Okay, people.  Tomorrow we have a quiz on the 14th chapter and it will be added to your grades so be prepared.  Thank you and you all can leave now.”  Mr. Ray shouted as the class began to disperse. 

       Fuck.  I was bone tired and now I have to go home and read some things to be prepared for the quiz.

        I packed my bags with the few objects I had brought and left the class room to the parking lot.

         Walking there I nodded a few hellos and gave a few friendly pats to some of the guy friends.  When I was near my car a familiar hand touched my chest to stop me from getting in the car.

       I winced internally but gave the intruder a charming smile.

       “Nancy.”  I greeted. 

        She showed off her pouty mouth in a greeting kiss on his cheek.  I immediately wanted to rub it off but with her hawk like eyes, I resisted.  I gave her my fake smile instead. 

         “Where were you these few days?”  Her exaggeratingly sweetened voice asked.

        “Here and there.  Was busy with some works.”  I lied.  I was miserable these past few days and I didn’t want anyone to see me like that.  I tried to get Jordan past my head for a few minutes but those were nothing compared to when I was next assaulted with a sweet memory of his.  I missed him.  Missed looking at him.  Missed his mischievous smirk or the sweet small smile he would graze me with when he thought no one was looking.

         When I locked myself into my room, all I wanted was to go to him and ask for his forgiveness even though I didn’t do anything wrong.  And that scared me the most.  Because if I was this affected when he was harsh and rude with me, I didn’t know if I would survive the blow when he showered me with even a little of his affection.  I would be a goner and then when he would eventually break my heart, I would be ruined for everyone else in this universe.

       It made me fear my being and I wanted to protect my heart even to the littlest of the exposure, so I made sure I never saw him and locked myself in my room to prevent myself to running into his arms.

        “Nicky!!  Are you even listening to me?”  Nancy huffed and crossed her hands under her heavy breasts which made it bounce against the expanse of her stretched cami top.  I know she did it to make my eyes go that way and sure enough she was smirking at me like she knew what I was thinking.

       Little did she know, I had no interest in her boobs or the pouty lips.  All I wanted was the one guy I couldn’t have.  Which was a damn shame.

       “No sorry.  What were you saying?”  I asked.

       “There is a party day after tomorrow in our sorority house.  You should come.”

      “Party on a Wednesday?”  I arched my brows at her.  It felt suspicious.

        “Yes.  It is invited only.  Only small group of people will be there and there will be some wicked items which can be put in to use.”  She licked her lips which she thought was seductive but for me it was only repulsive.  I managed not to fake gag in her face.  God.  She was trying too hard.