22. Maybe I can do it.

JORDAN’S POV

         “Shit.”  I heard Nick say but I couldn’t fully concentrate on it.

        How dare he.  How dare Brayden say something that he knew would get to me within seconds.  But I won’t give him the satisfaction.  I steeled myself against the onslaught of emotions.

        “I want the copies of this evidence to be safe, Nick,”  I uttered.  It was hollow to my own ears but I ignored the wince on Nick’s face. 

         Making my way to his room, I didn’t even check if he was following but I knew he would. 

        He shouldered past me and went into his desk.  Pulling open a drawer he took some papers and slowly walked towards me.  Impatient, I extended my hands for him to place the papers. 

       “Huh-uh, before I give you this, I want you to give me your word.”  He spoke.

       “I already said I would do whatever you want me to do for a month, what else do you need.”  I huffed.

         “I have two specifications nothing else.  If you accept these two, I will give you every one of my copies.”

      I didn’t know what else he wanted me to do.  “Okay,”  I finally told. 

       “The first one is that you will not take any pills which are not prescribed to you and the second one is that you will visit George for therapy.  We were going to their house anyway for the break after the exam.  For the baby and for vacation.  So, three weeks of therapy.  That’s all I am asking for.”

          I looked at him wide-eyed.  Was he serious?  I thought every single thing he would ask for will be sexual like at the parking lot but now it all made sense.  He was worried for me.  I could see the determination in his eyes, even if I say no, he would not let it go.  It made me weirdly, emotional.  I controlled my stupid feelings part of my brain and nodded at him.

         “Say it in words, Jordan.”

         “Okay, I promise.  I will do it.”  I said and I knew it was sincere.  And he believed me too because he handed over the papers and I took it eagerly.

         I still couldn’t believe that he got the original FIR of my incident.  But I had a guilty spot in the corner of my mind that I basically used him for false purposes.  He still didn’t know that I was the one mentioned in the file.  I was Yarden.

        I pushed it away in my mind and thought about all the hiding spots I could think of to hide this evidence.  I am not going to be like the girls from the pretty little liars’ series and keep only one copy of important evidence and Nick thought of the same things because there were five of them.  I gave him three and retained two. 

         “I will keep two in my room and keep the rest of them safe with you,”  I spoke.  He nodded and went into his closet.  I followed him curiously as to where he would hide this.  There was a safe box hidden pretty deep inside a huge drawer.  He crouched down and opened it.  There were already some papers neatly arranged in files and some bundles of cash and a Pendrive. 

        “What is there in that Pendrive?”  I asked him, curious. 

        “It has the video.”  He said simply and started arranging the papers.

       I stood there dumbly and understood what was inside it.  When I went to grab it, Nick took hold of my wrist to stop me. 

       “I just want to watch it; I will keep it back there,”  I told.