51. My Everything.

JORDAN’S POV

I turn my head abruptly and look in Nick’s direction and find the same look of surprise on Nick’s face. He made the connection too. Obviously, because he looked like he was going to scream at the top of his lungs. And not the good type.

I am not faring much better because my brain was working overdrive. Adrian McLaughlin fucking shot Brayden. Shot.

And I can’t get away from that point. How the fuck does a college student becomes a hitman and when does this shit like this happen in real life. But as I recollect his story which Officer John told, apparently his uncle, is true. And I don’t know if I would have trained to be a killer if the same thing happened to one of my siblings. Even if I don’t have one, I don’t think I will start to lose myself over violence.

But, as I watched Adrian’s back as he talked to Amelia and her friends, he looked so unassuming. Like he has these two sides to him which are true, tho.

I looked back at Nick and he looked like he was about to call Adrian himself and confirm whether he was the one who killed Brayden and that should not happen.

I mainly don’t want Adrian to realize that we found out for some reason. And if Nick by any chance shoots that question a little too loudly, it is basically suicide for Adrian, even if people would think like it is a joke. There would be some right people at the wrong place, hearing this.

I instinctively grabbed Nick’s hand and made my way to the main living room where people were dancing, unhinged.

He tried to stop once or twice and shouted something at me but the music drowned his voice, and I was almost glad for that. Because I didn’t want him creating some scene in the middle of the dance floor.

“C’mon,” I shouted when he stood at the bottom of the stairs instead of coming up, where I was going. He was looking back at the spot near the doorway, where Amelia and Adrian were standing a few minutes ago. Good thing they went somewhere else because Nick looked like he was on the verge of going and searching for them.

My mind scrambled for an idea and a brilliant one came up.

I looked up the stairs and saw a drunk fellow sleeping on the steps like it was the most comfortable place to take a nap. I inched closer to him and when I was sure he was not going to wake up, I sat close to him but not too close that our thighs would be touching. But to Nick, it would look like I was sitting practically on his lap.

I sat patiently until he looked around for Adrian and let out a huge sigh, which I couldn’t hear because of the music but could see it. His eyes landed on the stairs and when he noticed that I was missing from where I was minutes ago, his eyes roamed around the crowded stairs until his eyes landed on mine.

I pretended to look at my blunt nails when he neared me and yelped when he pulled me up with my elbow. The poor guy who was napping near me, startled awake and put his fist up like he was going to fight. I cackled up and pushed his fist with mine, lightly.

“I like you, man,” I yelled at him as Nick dragged me upstairs and I was still laughing when he pushed me inside a room and locked it. But my mirth died off when he stalked closer and pinned me against the wall with his hand on my throat.

Oh.

I gulped and he surely felt my throat move against his palm.  His eyes darkened significantly and I know I was going in for a wild ride.

“You like that guy, huh?” He asked with a glare but I could easily see the bout of lust in his eyes. Fuck, I loved this game.

“I did. Very much.” I sucked in air as his hand tightened around my throat. “I was basically fondling him in his sleep.” I licked my lips as I felt him press his hard dick against my abs.