47. Black and white.

JORDAN’S POV

After the date, I had been so happy that I didn’t even mind him sleeping without taking care of my hard-on. I did it myself and slept next to Nick like a baby. His body warmth and steady breathing lulled me into sleep.

That next day I woke up early and managed not to wake Nick up. I woke up with a big smile that even the blinding light couldn’t dim it. I closed the curtains and finished my business in the bathroom and silently crept into the living room.

Amelia was already up and about because she had practice too.

“Good morning.” I chirped and parked my ass on the stool in the breakfast bar. “You want me to help?”

“Yes, thank you.  I saw Zach wake up but he is not coming out here.”

“No problem I can do it.”

I took the knife and started cutting the tomatoes on the chopping board.

Amelia pried about the date the day before but I kept it to minimal but did say that Nick is joining back at the team. We talked about her day. She showed me her amazon cart and the items she was going to buy for baby Arya, Alyssa’s son. Alyssa is Amelia’s older sister who recently gave birth to a cute baby boy.

Ames was sad that she couldn’t go to the delivery because of the college reopen but she was planning to go with Zach the next weekend.

“This one is adorable,” I said and pointed at the little white dress kurtas which she calls the traditional dress.

“I know. It was Zach’s idea to buy some cultural clothes because he is trying to get into my father’s good side.” She grinned cheekily even though I think Zach is shitting bricks just to meet his future father-in-law for the first time.

I did too at first but with Nick so encouraging and him coming out to his parents like it was nothing made me look at life so differently. It was going to happen eventually so why not now. That single sentence made me do things I would never even have dreamed of doing a few years back.

His carefree attitude made me light up a little myself. I smile a private smile, knowing how much he changed my life for good. I loved how I was in his arms this morning, I didn’t want to get up but I know he would be tired today, so I decided to make things easier for him.

Like making him breakfast and mixing his energy shake and pulling out his workout clothes so that he could be prepared for his practice.

I chopped the lettuce leaves and some avocado.

Amelia tittered around humming a song as we conversed lightly. It felt domestic because we do it mostly daily. Zach and Nick would come occasionally to help us but would only wait till their coffee brew and then would escape sneakily.

Amelia makes some brown rice for them after I told her about Nick’s practice. She added extra rice. And while she prepares a healthy lunch, I take two brown paper bags and fill them with a couple of apples, a water bottle, a yogurt in each, and a granola bar with a cracker. I toast some bread and spread butter in one and push it towards Amelia just as Zach walked in.

“Thank you,” Amelia mumbled and took a bite of her toast but that didn’t stop Zach from leaning down and kissing her lips. Not long before I would have felt envious of my own best friend to get the love of her life.

But I have my own now, so the scene before me just made my heart warm in seeing my bf happy.

I picked up a plate and prepared a sandwich for Nick’s liking and took a carton of orange juice from the fridge and fill his cup full of coffee. I place it all in a tray and give Zach and Amelia their privacy as I move towards our bedroom.