12. Accidental shenanigans.

JORDAN’S POV

        I was playing with fire.  I knew that.  But damn, he was looking like a piece of cake and I definitely wanted a bite of that. 

      Even before he started showing off his culinary skills, the dress he wore pulled me like a moth to his fire.  The scent of fresh sweat and the old t-shirt cling to his fired-off muscles, yeah, I was floating on a fantasy land.

       When he started slicing the onions, his bicep flexed under his half-sleeve shirt.  And I wanted to constantly touch it in order to feel the muscles move under my fingertips.  Wanted to taste the single drop of sweat from his forehead.  No.  I shouldn’t think like that, my brain reminded me.  It also warned me about what happened the previous time I became obsessed with someone.

      But I was a goner when he started frying those onion slices and started plating it up.  It was hot to say the least.  My heart fluttered and I felt more than lust for Nick forming in the confines of my chest.  It was dangerous. 

       “It turns me on.”  The confession slipped past my lips like honey and I made no move to stop it from flowing, because I wanted him to know that he does affect me.  Affects me more than he knows, that’s the truth. 

     I should have left it at that but I wanted a taste of him, so when he hastily took a bite and a cream escaped his lips I lunged at the chance.  Swiping at the corner of his lips, I gathered the excess cream which escaped his mouth and sucked it in my mouth without a second thought.

      I should have thought about the consequences a little earlier than when I saw Nick approach me like how a predator would approach his prey.  But I didn’t want to run from him.  I wanted to be devoured by him in the best way possible.

       The first step he took towards me shook my whole body.  I so desperately wanted to go to his arms and stay there but the one part of me, which was reasonable to its own good made me froze in the place. 

       I wanted him but also, I didn’t need him.  It was confusing for my own brain to compute. 

      “We are going to Mia’s house.”  I blurted. 

      Nick stopped in his tracks with a cute furrow in his brows.  Then he glanced at the bags, Amelia and I packed for the trip.  “So, those bags are for the trip?” 

      “Um.. Yeah.”

      He seemed relieved by my answer and I had no idea why.  I thought he would be irritated that I blurted something when he was advancing on me.  And I remembered the way he tip-toed to the kitchen and the hesitancy at first.

      “Did… did you think I was going away?”  I asked finally.

       He shrugged but went away from me and took a bite of the onion dip.  I had mixed emotions.  Nick didn’t want me to leave and he wanted me.  Even if it is for a hook up.  It should disgust me but somewhere these past months I was warmed over the unexpected action of him.  It was heady to know someone fancies me. 

       I definitely wanted to know what it was between us.  I took a step forward and he did the same.

       My mind wandered back to Brayden.  Did I want to take a chance?  I did.  But not today.  Amelia and Zach will come home any minute now and I didn’t want rush anything new between Nick and me.

      I took a step back but he stayed in place, capturing me with his dark grey eyes. 

      “Uh, I will go shower.  I …umm… have to get ready.  Bye.”  I stammered and hauled my legs out of the kitchen.