49. Sweet treats.

JORDAN’S POV

After Nick jogged towards the hallway to reach his locker room, I sat back down and started texting Amelia.

The girl’s team was doing their practice in a private court as both the teams got their matches this week. And I wanted to know if her practice was over so that we could pick her up on the way back to our apartment.

When I looked down at my screen, I saw her reply to my earlier text which I sent fifteen minutes back.

AMELIA: I think it will take at least another hour. Some bitches really need to take their heads out of their asses.

I laughed at that.

JORDAN: What happened to make you such a moody bastard.

AMELIA: Many. Like wtf are these girls thinking? I seriously had a mind about starting a catfight.

JORDAN: Some guys in Nick’s team would pay money to watch that.

I watched as a bubble formed and Amelia begun typing but a shadow fell across my phone and I looked up to see the guy from the afternoon and the asshole who tripped Nick in the court standing in front of me and staring at me.

I glared at them but looked down at the phone as it pinged. I didn’t even have time to read the text she sent as I replied.

JORDAN: Talk to you later. Will pick u up in an hour.

I pocketed my phone and looked in the direction of the locker room to see if by chance Nick came by. But I know it was impossible even if he was the flash. I sighed when one of the two morons kicked my feet to get my attention. Fucking homophobes.

“What do you guys want?” I asked exasperated.

When they didn’t answer I looked up and saw both of them glaring at me. I wanted something in my hand to fiddle with because it was becoming hugely uncomfortable, I had a half mind to look back at my phone but chastised myself that it would look cowardly.

“Ahhh…” I yelped when the guy who called me faggot that afternoon roughly grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bench. I wrenched my hand away, immediately. Yeah, I was not going to be the ‘timid gay’, they all think I am. I am not going to just stand there and take all their beatings because what they don’t know is that, in comparison, they are like a fly in the air to me. I have overcome even bigger threats than them.

I was just caught off guard as I didn’t realize, they would show their assholish behavior in front of the lingering students. Guess they don’t mind themselves some audience.

The other guy made a move to push me towards the exit but I raised my chin in a haughty manner and walked before them. Whatever they are going to do, I know there was a probability that I might not win but it doesn’t mean that I won’t fight back.

Once we were all outside, they made me move towards the corner where there was a gap that separated two buildings. Perfect. I sighed and leaned back against the wall of one of the buildings.

“Talk,” I demanded.

“What did you do to Nick?” Asshole No.1 demanded. 

I laughed humourlessly. “I didn’t do anything to him. What did you think I did? Turn him gay?”

Asshole No.2 raised his eyebrows like that was what he thought.

“You guys are stupidly stupid and that is saying a lot. Do you think if I kissed one of you, hypothetically speaking because I don’t kiss slime balls. So, if I kiss you, you turn gay?”