6. Take me into your loving arms.

JORDAN’S POV

         It has been little over two weeks since we found out Amelia had miscarried but the peace has been restored in the apartment and both Zach and she were getting their groove back.  As for Nick and I, the intense way we disliked each other has gone down a bit. 

        It was still scary to think about my mom but as Nick said she was a grown woman, she could leave the abusive relationship any second, she wants.  But still I was constantly thinking about her.

        I reached the bakery shop, I started working in.  It has been a month since I started working there.  I loved the shop because it was filled with love and care.  When I first met the buff and bald guy, who was twice my size, I immediately thought he would be a homophobe and that I would not get the job.

       But when he started speaking it was the sweetest thing.  Later I learned that I was the only outsider working in the bakery with his family.  I met his wife and three daughters.  All of them instantly formed a friendship with me which I ached for. 

        The working hours were manageable even if the money I earned was spent within few weeks.  I was glad that I was not homeless and begging for food.  Luckily, I don’t have to worry about the college tuition fees because it was already paid from my saving account when I first started college. 

       I was finally starting to feel good, standing on my own legs.  The rocky road I was in had tumbled me enough to leave me disoriented but I was happy that I got back to the safe zone. 

        Still having to stay in Nick, Zach and Amelia’s apartment made me feel like an unwanted guest.  Even though Amelia basically harassed me to stay here when I brought up about leaving the apartment to some other place.  And I was glad she told me to shut the fuck up because I had nowhere to turn to, even if I had friends. 

       I shook my head to clear my thoughts and tied my apron around my body.  The kitchen door opened and the familiar petite body I used to see, came at me in full speed. 

        “Ah, Jordiiiii.  I am happy you are here, because I have to tell you something.”  I caught her in my arms mid-sentence when she flew in to it. 

       “Okay, crazy.  What is it?” 

       “Beau asked me out.”  She squealed and jumped from my arms to the floor and danced out a little move. 

        Glancing at the seated bakery customers, I groaned when their full attention was at our side. 

        “Okay, calm down, crazy.  Whole population is looking at you.”  I grumbled and put on my plastic clear gloves. 

        “I don’t care because guess what I am the happiest bitch here.”  She laughed.

       “Maybe.  But I want to know how your mother feels about that.”  I deadpanned. 

        She immediately stopped her little jolly escapade and turned to me fully and growled at me.  “You wouldn’t dare.”  Her index finger pointed at me, accusingly.

        I shrugged but kept my smirk in place to let her know that I could tell her mother if I wanted.  She slapped my back in warning and ran in to the kitchen again. 

       I greeted the customer in line and thought about her mother, Julia.  She is a fierce sweetheart who made no attempt to hide that she would fuck over people who dare messed with her family.  And for some reasons she took me in with her crazy hoard of people.  When I think about the giant hulk of a man who is soft-spoken contrary to his height and the small petite of a woman who will slit your throat without second though if she catches you shit talking her family, it made me realise that love can be formed in any form and not for only the normal people bullshit.