4.

___

"does it hurt?" i patted lightly onto his burn.

we were standing outside the store where i bought the disinfectant medicine.

he shook his head but still avoided my eyes. ever since we left the restaurant, he wouldn't look at me. before he didn't have a problem holding his icy gaze at me.

i felt a hand grab my wrist and turned to find him still looking down at where i was kneeling, not looking up at me despite holding my wrist.

i knew what he wanted. i knew he wanted my help but he wasn't going to ask for it. so i took it upon myself and loosened my wrist out of his grip and grabbed his hand instead. my friends and his friends were speechless as i led him out of the restaurant.

a phone ringing drew my out of my daze. i can't believe I did that.

"it's yours"

"huh?" i whipped my head up to look at him.

"well do you think i would set my ring tone as a girls generation song?"

"oh! ...right" i shrinked in embarrassment. i knew i shouldn't have set my ring tone as gee gee regardless of how much i love the song.

i answered the phone. "are you coming back? you want taeil to drive you home right?"

"um yeah just wait like five minut—"

mark snatched the phone out of my hand and hung up.

"your friends did this to me, so your priority should be fixing it now"

"but i didn't tell them to wait for me! taeil is driving me home"

"taeil?" he scoffed.

"i don't know which idiot out of the ones you were sitting with is taeil. but he doesn't have to wait for you. i'll drive you. now tend to the wound you caused."

i sighed in relief and nodded.

i took a cotton swab and applied the disinfectant. being very light handed.

"you don't have to treat me like glass. i won't break if you apply more pressure" he said mockingly

i looked into his eyes briefly and cleared my throat.

"i'm not" i huffed. he's teasing me.

so i did. i applied more pressure.

he hissed.

"shit. im sorry i didn't mean to hurt you." i apologized, regretting my decision.

"too little too late for that" he gritted and took the swab from my hand and started doing it himself.

i gulped and patiently waited for him to finish so i could bandage him up.

"a professional, you know like an actual doctor should be doing this but you're so stubborn and don't want to go to the hospital." i said lowly as i wrapped his arm in bandage.

he didn't respond so i looked up at him. he started looking at me attentively. there was a softness in his eyes i hadn't seen in a while. but there was still a wall blocking me from seeing what he's really thinking. the gaze felt comfortable and almost warm. i would've stayed in the comfort of his gaze if the circumstances weren't like they were.

i missed his warmth, honestly.

i broke eye contact first.

"can you take me home now?" i stood up.

he didn't get up from his spot and just like in the restaurant, he was still looking at the spot where i was before.

"mark?"

he cleared his throat and stood up.

"yeah. follow me."

___