24.

[a/n: this is a continuation of the flashback in the previous chapter. i would really appreciate it if you voted! it gives me sm motivation :)) thank you.]

___

8 months ago
"stay with me okay? i don't want you meeting the wrong people." he led me to the front of the party.

i nodded and clung to his side. honestly this wasn't my scene and i was intimidated. mark's jaw was clenched the entire time, almost like he was anxious.
we went further into the house and saw the rest of mark's friends. he greeted them and they nodded towards me in recognition.

"do you want sprite or cola?" mark led me to a seat in a corner that was vacant. there was a lot of people but the house was pretty big.

"um.." i thought for a moment. beer wouldn't hurt right? i wanted to see what was so good about partying and drinking that made mark do it so much.

"..beer?" i said with a head tilt, still unsure of my own answer. he immediately furrowed his brows and frown came upon his face. "you've never had any before though. you don't have to drink just because you're here you know." he asserted.

"i know. i just want to see what it's like. besides you're with me so i won't be in danger." i assured.

he hesitated before nodding with an eye roll. "fine but let's start you off small. we don't know if you're a lightweight or not." he handed me beer.

i chugged the beer and pulled back to grimace at the taste. he looked at my expression and laughed. he ruffled my hair and i glared at him. "don't mess up my hair!" i jokingly scolded.

"your face is red and it's obvious you don't like how it's tastes. it's slightly bitter and you have the biggest sweet tooth ever." he said matter-of-factly. "you can stop now." he reached to take my bottle.

i moved the bottle from his reach and shook my head. he put his hands up in defeat and watched me amused. i watched the dance floor and how couples would flirt in every corner of the room. so it's really like the movies huh?

"mark! he's here." a voice said behind us. jeno appeared before us.

"who?" mark asked annoyed at the interruption but then sighed in realization. his expression grew angry and worried at the same time. his eyes snapped to me. he looked around the room flustered and he looked torn on what to do.

"please stay here. do not move and if someone approaches you, say you're with mark lee." he stared at me waiting for a response.

"let's go!" jeno growled.

mark waited for me to nod before he took one last look at me and squeezed my hand. he took off with jeno in a run. i began to grow worried. he wanted me to be safe but what about him. is he going to be okay. i wanted to get up and check but he would be furious if i put myself in harms way.

who was here? i wondered. and why were they so bothered.

"hey!" a flirtatious voice grew closer. shit, stay calm. i remembered what mark said to do.

"um.. hi"

"i've never seen you here before." he slid into the seat next to me.

"yeah. it's my first time here. i came here with my friend, mark lee" i yelled over the music.

his face immediately dropped. a scowl grew but quickly turned into a smirk. "mark?" he asked? i began to grow more and more uncomfortable.

"me and mark are best friends! didn't he tell you about me? what's your name?" he questioned with taunting smile.