28.

___

7 months ago

"are you okay?" i asked jisung warily. i mean, my best friend literally just beat him up. it was a weird atmosphere right now.

the principal found out what happened and took mark into his office. i was waiting outside the principals office for him when i saw jisung exit the nurses office. i approached him hesitantly since he looked so upset. the nurse had just bandaged him up.

"um i'm not gonna lie, it hurts a bit but i'll be fine" he winced as he tried to move. i felt so bad for him. why did mark attack him like that?

"what happened between you and him?" i questioned with concerned eyes.

"i don't know, we were just talking and he suddenly got really mad and attacked me." he sighed. my brows furrowed, what did they talk about to make him so mad?

"do you want a ride home? my friend is driving me home because of my injury and he could drop you off too." he offered. wow, my best friend just attacked him and he's offering me a ride home. even in this condition, he's still so kind.

"oh um, no it's fine." i smiled. i needed to talk to mark about what happened.

right after he left, the office doors opened and mark stepped out with his head down and his shoulders slumped.

"two months suspension. this is your last warning until your expelled. i've let you off the hook the past couple of months because you use to be such a good student. don't do it again." the principal firmly warned. the principal met my eyes and quickly looked away, going into his office.

my heart sunk at the fact that he was acting that way to me, probably disappointed at my presentation. he use to see me as such a model student. my mood got even worse.

mark warily looked up to meet my narrowed eyes. i began walking away and he quickly caught up to me. i could tell he knew i was mad. he was trying to form excuses to tell me as he walked along side me. i folded my arms waiting to hear them.

"annie wait! i'm sorry"

"sorry?" i whipped around abruptly and he almost ran into me. "you're sorry to me? did you say that to jisung?" i scolded in disbelief.

"jisung? no i'm not sorry to him!" he began. "you don't know what he did annie, he—"

"you're not sorry?! you attacked him and he could barely defend himself. that's not the mark i know. so many times i've excused your actions because deep down i still knew you were a good person." i ranted on.

"good person? do you still not believe i'm a good person? you haven't even heard my side of the story yet!" he raised his voice. the tension was growing and both sides were growing upset.

"nothing excuses that shit mark." i shook my head. "and your record for bad behavior is only building up as we speak! 2 months suspension? it's like my warnings to you go through one ear, out the other. do you even know how hard it is to care for you when you don't care about yourself? it's like your ruining things for yourself on purpose!" i shouted in anger. my chest rose and fell.

"it's hard for you to care for me? do you even know how many times i've had to brush off the pain you put me through. if i'm really such a burden on you then don't care for me anymore." he bit back and breathed heavily.

we were literally both arguing in the hallways. our argument was the only thing filling the silent hallways. to avoid drawing attention to us, i began walking outside, he followed me.