7.

___

"i can't breathe"

me, chenle and renjun were laughing so hard that we nearly fell off our seats

i had met renjun earlier today during math and we were already getting along well. we all went to the cafeteria together.

i covered my face to hide the redness that i got from laughing so much

"i don't think i've laughed that much in a while" i wiped a tear that came out.

we were all showing baby pictures of us and chenle looked like a rich ceo at the fragile age of 8

"no seriously i can't believe those photos are real chenle" renjun chuckled

"oh whatever" chenle grunted

"let's see yours annie"

"chenle i don't think i have any on my phone"

i bit my lip in concentration and searched though my old photos.

i felt a hand touch my hair and i looked up.

"your hair got in the rice" renjun smiled as he brushed my hair away from my face and behind my ear.

nice smile.

i smiled back and nodded at him as a way of thanking him.

"hmm.. ah here look"

i showed them my phone from across the lunch table

"cute!" they said at the same time.

chenle glared at the boy that sat next to him but faced back to my phone.

"is that mark?" chenle said as he started swiping my screen.

i snatched my phone back.

"hey! you weren't suppose to see the other photos"

i looked down at the photo that they just saw. it was the first picture me and mark ever took together. we had met at the age of 9, at this after school program we both attended. our parents forced us to take a picture together when they found out we became friends. i was smiling and hooking my arm around mark's. he was trying to move away from me and he made a funny facial expression.

i thought he was smelly and annoying and he thought i was snobby and annoying at first.

we ended up being in the same play room at the same time and no one else was there. mark was playing mario cart alone and i was watching him from the corner of the room.

"dibs on princess peach" a voice said that snapped me out of my stare at the screen that mark was playing games on.

i saw him set the extra controller next to him. i was staring at his back wondering if that was his way of inviting me to play.

he looked back at me

"you can be bowser" he said and whipped back around to the screen in front of me.

a smile made its way into my face and i ran over to the controller and grabbed it.

i was snapped out of my daydream as a felt a hand snatch my phone away.

"if you got to see all my old photos, i get to see more of yours" chenle said moving away from my hands that were reaching out to grab it back.

"chenle give it back to her" renjun scolded

"yeah listen to him!" i joined

i went around the table and ran after him.

"i'm not playing games chenle"

he raised his arm up so i couldn't reach it

"will you buy me ice cream?"

"what!? no just give it back"

"but you gave ice cream to the older academy boys you met" he rolled his eyes

i started jumping to reach my phone.

i almost reached it when another hand from behind chenle took it before i could.

"what's this? oooh well would you look here. it's look little mark and his girlfriend."

donghyuck.

he was held my phone in his hand and started showing it to jeno and jaemin. they all seemed really amused.

"give it back!" i jumped to get it out of his hand.

"wow there's a lot of pictures of you and him. guys look at this one." he pushed my phone screen into their faces.

the laughter was growing and so was the embarrassment.

i climbed onto the lunch table because i knew there was no way i would be able to get the phone otherwise.

donghyuck turned to face me with an amused look.

"you want it? come get it." he held the phone higher.

i went on my tip toes and leaned towards him. i must've tested my limits though because now i was falling onto him.

he dropped my phone and caught me with his arms around my waist. my head was just slightly above his and my feet didn't reach the ground as he held me against him.

he looked into my eyes and set me down slowly.

his shoulder suddenly got yanked back from behind him and now his shirt was being grabbed from the front.

"what the fuck do you think you're doing?" the boy i now realize is mark lowly says near his ear.

"dude she fell onto me! it's not my fault. you wanna be mad at anyone then be mad at your little girlfriend for throwing herself at me"

mark shoved him back and gave him one last glare before turning towards me. he went up to me and searched my face and body.

"are you okay?" he muttered in a blunt tone.

i nodded and got stuck in his gaze before snapping my eyes to my now broken phone.

he followed my gaze and bent down to pick the phone up.

i'm gonna kick chenle's ass.

because now mark was holding my cracked phone that had the picture of me and mark that i had shown renjun and chenle.

he stared at the phone screen and held it for a while. i looked into his eyes and he had that pained look that i had saw a few days ago.

how badly i want to make that look go away.

he pursed his lips and shoved the phone into his pockets. i was speechless as i was expecting him to hand it back to me.

"i'll buy you a new one. meet me outside after school"

he turned around and left the cafeteria with his friends following him.

i sighed and turned to face a guilty looking chenle.

___