16.

___

"does it still hurt?"

"yeah.. it does"

"should i get ice pack?" i stood up to grab one but he grabbed my hand with his uninjured hand.

"no its fine" he assured me. i nodded and went back to cleaning his cut.

"there we go" i finished bandaging his hand.

"okay.. well thanks" he got up and awkwardly stood.

"oh donghyuck left by the way."

"yeah i figured."

"do you.." i hesitated. "do you want to stay for dinner? it's late and my parents are away on a business trip so you can if.. if you want."

he looked at the floor contemplating what he should do. he looked at me and back to the floor before nodding slowly.

"cool!" i coughed. i kind of inserted us into this awkward situation. two ex best friends having dinner together like they always use to.

"i'll make it and you can wait here and watch tv. you still remember how to work it right?" i trailed off into the kitchen.

"i'll help you" he stated.

"no no you don't have to—"

he moved past me to the kitchen before i could finish.

a smile crept onto my face. just like old times.

"pasta it is then!" i cheered.

ೃ༄

"how do you mess up pasta?" he mocked.

"it's not messed up! it's just...uniquely flavored."

"you put too much sauce that i can't even see the pasta." he argued.

"my hand slipped we can just.. take out some of the sauce."

"you literally buried the noodles in the sau—"

"if you're not going to help me fix it then get out of my kitchen" i huffed and pouted.

i heard him laugh to the side of me. i missed that laugh.

i took a spoon and scooped some of the sauce and put in into a separate bowl.

"you can't be serious right now"

"leave me alone if you're just going to complain about my methods." i whined.

"it's going a year for you to get all that excess sauce off the noodles."

i ignored him and continued scooping.

"at least use a bigger spoon!"

"are you ignoring me?" he persisted

i heard him sigh. "poor annie still can't do anything without me."