34.

___

the teacher patted me on the back and praised our presentation as we were packing to leave the classroom.

i nodded and my eyes averted to the bickering couple in the corner of the classroom. renjun was scolding donghyuck about going off the cue cards and improvising parts of the presentations.

"stop arguing! the teacher liked our presentation anyway" chenle shouted and rolled his eyes. the two glared at each other and backed away from each other. renjun was stomping his way up to me.

"i hate that guy! he literally made up random words and he gets away with it. i spent so long on my presentation cue cards and he just wings it" renjun huffed and began aggressively packing his books into his bag.

i chuckled and slowly moved my gaze to mark who was trying to calm donghyuck down.

"that fucking kid keeps nagging me" donghyuck seethed and mark just hummed in response. it was almost as if he felt my gaze on him and he snapped his eyes to me.

i widened my eyes and moved my eyes quickly. i just got caught ogling him. my cheeks reddened up in embarrassment.

donghyuck left the classroom with his backpack dragging against the ground and a lollipop sticking out of his mouth. chenle was dragging an upset renjun out of the classroom.

i trailed behind them, grinning at the sight before me.

the grin was wiped off my face as i was suddenly enclosed by arms at the door frame of the classroom. arms on both sides of me were blocking my way out and i hesitantly turned towards the source.

mark.

my heart was racing at how close he was to me. i moved to face him and peered up at him anxiously. he was looking down at me intently. i felt his eyes flicker downwards to my lips and my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

was he going to kiss me in broad daylight during school?

i suddenly flashed back to the day before, when we quite literally got lost in each other. i couldn't believe the time that had passed when it was time for me to leave yesterday.

my nerves calmed when his eyes settled back down on my eyes.

"you did a good job" he spoke softly leaning in towards my ear. i almost melted at how gentle his tone was and i shivered at how his breath brushed past my ear. i shrunk down slightly at our proximity.

my eyebrows furrowed in question at what he meant.

"the project" he responded to my confused expression. he slowly took one hand that was leaning against the door frame and reached to touch my hair. i froze up and i knew my face was tomato red by now.

"you're hair is caught in your earring" his silky voice rang near my ear. he pulled the strands that were tangled in my earring and patted the hair back down, as if to make it look neat again.

i looked towards his eyes as he was patting down my hair and watched as his eyes peered down to meet mine. he tucked my hair behind my ear and leaned down to be eye-level with me. i widened my eyes and couldn't move back because the door frame was against my back.

i gulped and prayed he couldn't hear my heart beat.

my heart was speeding and running past every stop sign.

"cold pack?"

my eyes looked on in astonishment as he pulled out a cold pack and handed it to me. "what?" i looked down at it skeptically.

"you're hot" he spoke matter-of-factly. i almost choked on my own spit. what did he just call me? was he getting braver?

"maybe it's the change of weather.." he added. my nervous expression dropped at the realization. he thought i was feeling hot. my face was probably red and that's why he offered. i mentally face palmed at my false interpretation.

i cleared my throat "yeah it's getting warmer outside these days, thank you" i thanked the raven haired boy and held the cold pack against my cheek which felt the hottest. i hope my lie wasn't obvious, it wasn't warm out today, it was actually pretty chilly.

but the boy i see before me is making me sweat up a storm.

he lifted his eyes at me and i could tell he was seeing straight through my lie and he was just playing along, knowing very well he was the reason for my blushed cheeks.

he nodded in response and came back to my eye-level. he studied my face as i squished the ice pack harder against my cheek. a soft fond smile grew on his lips at this.

"your cheeks are almost as red as your lips were yesterday" he suddenly smirked. i widened my eyes at how bold he was. my blush increased at how casually he brought up what happened between us yesterday.

i looked down in embarrassment and refused to meet his eyes. i felt him let out a light laugh above me.

i felt a finger lift my chin gently and make me face upwards. his eyes zeroed in on my face. as he studied my face, a thought occurred to me.

i wonder if chenle and renjun are questioning where i am right now, if they come back to look for me and see this, i'm screwed.

"i've got to go" i slapped his hand off me and began bolting towards the canteen.

"slow down" he called after my hurried figure. "we don't want you to lose your breath" i could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

he was referring to what i said to him yesterday. we were so out of breath from claiming each other's lips. i still cringe at the way i practically asked him to kiss me again. i still remember feeling like i had ran a marathon after we finished. he was teasing me and purposely working me up. i only ran faster towards the lunchroom at his words.

renjun and chenle looked at me incredulously as i leaned my hands on my knees and tried to breath properly.

"geez annie, what made you so out of breath?" chenle furrowed his eyebrows as he stuffed his mouth with rice.

"you don't wanna know" i exhaled and sat down. i need something like ice cream to cool me down.

___

[a/n: hope y'all caught onto the reference mark made from the end of the previous chapter ;) also if you haven't already please check out my new jaehyun book. check it out on my account <3

 check it out on my account <3