47.

___

third pov

"wake up!" jaemin shouted at the sleeping mark. mark held his hands over his ears and groaned.

"we've skipped school so much already, if we don't go we're not gonna graduate" jaemin huffed and yanked the blanket away from him.

the boy with the disheveled hair and dirty t-shirt lifted his head. "i don't want to go." he chipped shortly and laid his head back down.

jaemin sucked his teeth and left the room without another word. mark watched the door close and snuggled back under his blanket.

he peeked one eye open as he heard muffled whispering outside his door.

"did you talk to him?"

"i'm sorry ms.lee, i don't think he's going to get up."

"oh...okay, well thank you for trying jaemin."

he let out a deep sigh as he heard his concerned mother converse with jaemin. he lied about being sick and having a cold so he didn't have to go to school. his mom probably figured he was lying but let him stay home anyway because whatever he was feeling now was worse than any flu or cold.

he shut his eyes tightly and buried himself in his blankets, trying his best to mute the outside noise.

mark had been soaking in his own misery for a few weeks and no one around him could figure out how to get him out.

ೃ༄

"i really don't think that's a good idea" a hushed whisper spoke in the dimmed room.

"i know what i'm doing" a new voice retorted back. "this is the only way he'll wake up."

"no wait—"

mark jolted up with wide eyes as cold water rushed from the top of his head down to his body. the cold water immediately awoke his senses. he reached hurriedly towards the nightstand to grab his glasses. as soon as his vision adjusted, his eyes immediately latched onto the boy in front of him.

the shock washed over him and he could hardly contain the emotions raking through his body.

shock. confusion. anger. and relief?

the boy standing beside mark's bed with an empty bucket in hand and a guilty smile planted on the center of his face.

"hey..."

mark gritted his teeth slightly and ran his hands through his now soaked hair.

"lee donghyuck." mark sighed roughly.

the two boys standing behind haechan watched on carefully as the interaction unfolded.

mark's eyes moved to jeno. he hadn't seen him a while. after his confrontation with haechan, jeno was by haechan's side while jaemin was by marks side. the group had split into two and it was strange to have all of them together after such a long time.

ೃ༄

"i just wanted to help, okay!" haechan insisted outside of mark's bathroom.

mark groaned in frustration as he put on a new pair of clothes after haechan poured water all over him.

"i told you, you shouldn't have done that!" mark heard jeno scold haechan from the other side of the door.