15.

___

"you still have it" he muttered under his breath.

"yeah, i mean i used up all the ninja turtle themed bandaids but i filled up the tin with new bandaids." i replied quietly.

he put the tin back in the mirror cabinet and shoved past me. i looked at his hand and it wasn't treated yet. what was he doing all this time in the bathroom?

"wait! your hand is still bleeding! let me help." i yelled after his hurried figure.

"i gotta go and it's just a little cut, not a big deal trust me i've had way worse pain i've had to endure than this."

my brows furrowed, confused and concerned at what he meant by that. "still. let me treat it before it gets infected." i reached for his hand but he reached for the front door.

i slammed the front door closed and got in-front of the door, facing him. he looked me up and down and i swear i could shrink under his gaze.

"move"

"no"

"i'm not gonna say it again"

"just let me disinfectant it at least! i've done it so many times on you before that it won't take long at all!" i blurted out. when mark started to get into a lot of physical altercations, i would constantly have to tend to his wounds.

9 months ago..

"are you not gonna answer me? it's not like i planned to get into that fight. "

i ignored him and put disinfectant cream on the scrap on his elbow.

"i'm sorry. i don't mean to put this burden of helping me on you" he apologized with guilt in his voice.

"helping you isn't a burden on me mark!" i snapped. "i would help you in a heartbeat no matter what it is but you're not even trying to help yourself. do you want to get beat up or something? i saw the video of the fight and you were the one who provoked him first. what's your excuse this time?" i fumed and moved to clean up the scratch on his cheek.

"he had said something to me in class before that. i know i shouldn't have gone after him but i couldn't control myself." he tried to reason with me.

"what could've been so bad for you to go after him like that?" i snapped.

"i don't think i should tell you"

"what? just tell me.

"but it's not something you wanna hear"

"we tell each other everything mark just tell me"

"fine! he said you were a—"

my phone ringing cut off his words and i reached to grab my phone.

jisung is calling...

i stared at my phone screen and debated whether or not to answer. i mean, it could be important. he's apart of student council so maybe it's something about that.

"hello?" i answered

"hey! i was wondering if you want to meet up tomorrow to grab some food?"

"um.. i looked to mark to find him getting up from his seat and grabbing his backpack.

"sure i'd love to go. i have to go now though so i'll see you then." i hung up.

"wait! i didn't finish tending to your wounds!" i ran after him.

"nah i don't want to keep you up late since you have such important plans with your boyfriend tomorrow." he grunted.

"don't be so petty mark. he's not my boyfriend. just let me put a bandaid on your cheek scratch before you go."

"it doesn't hurt at all"

"what?" i furrowed my brows, confused.

"my cheek scratch and all my other bruises and cuts aren't what's hurting me right now." he confessed.

"what do you mean? are you sick? did you catch a cold?" i went up to him on my tippy toes and got close enough to press the back on my hand onto his forehead. i didn't feel a temperature. i moved my hands down towards his cheek to see if he felt hot.

i drew my eyes to his and he was beaming down at me with the most dreamy and intense look i've ever seen. i saw his eyes flicker down to my lips. he slowly took my hand that was on his cheek "that's not where it hurts annie" and brought it down to his chest. right where his heart was. i snapped out of my trance and backed up.

i cleared my throat. "so not a cold then?" i faked a chuckle to cut the tension.

"we'll if it's not a cold then i don't know what it is" i continued.

"you never know, do you?"

"what?"

he paused for a moment "never mind"

i knew what he meant. and i know where he's hurting but i was scared to go deeper into the meaning. i can't fully make sense of it.

how do i ease his pain this time? how do i tend this wound?

it's not something a bandaid can fix.

___