30.

___

"and then do your conclusion" i leaned over the table towards mark. he nodded and began finishing up his part of the project. i had guided him on what to do and we were almost finished now. every now and then my eyes would flicker over to what he was doing.

he might have been slacking off in the past couple of months but whenever he puts his mind to something, he succeeds to the fullest.

he's smart, determined and ambitious, when he wants to be. that's what i admired about him, among many other things.

that's why it bothered me so much that he didn't try in school anymore because he has so much potential.

mark shut his laptop and i took that as my cue to shut mine too.

"finished?" he nodded in response.

we began packing our things and walking down the hallway. i suddenly remembered as we walked past my locker that i needed to get my soup that he gave me before i left. i quickly opened my locker and took the soup before he could notice. i shut my locker just as he looked back at me, wondering why i wasn't still walking.

he lifted his eyebrows in question. i sped up to catch up with him.

we started leaving through the front gates. we got to the end of the campus and we were about to walk separate ways. i nodded to him as a goodbye and began walking my way home.

"do you need a ride home?" his voice forced me to a halt. i thought i was hearing things. he asked me if i want a ride?

i contemplated for a bit, with my back still turned towards him.

"it's suppose to rain soon and uh.." he didn't finish his sentence when i suddenly whipped around to face him. i hated walking in the rain. he knew this.

he got his answer when i started walking to the passenger seat of his car. we got in and buckled up.

"thank you" i said lowly as the car took off, he didn't reply and just sent a side glance my way.

jisung is calling...

i glanced at my phone in confusion, why was he calling me?

"jisung?" i answered and felt mark snap his head towards me.

a wave of realization hit me when i remembered mark hated jisung and i just revealed that i was on a call with him. i closed my eyes in regret. i shouldn't have answered the call when he's here. but it was too late now.

"hey i was just wondering if you wanna go grab lunch tomorrow. it's been a while since i've been gone and i miss hanging out with you." his hopeful voice asked from the other line.

"i'm kind of busy.." i threw a side glance to mark who was facing towards the road with a cold glare.

"come on! it's been too long." he pushed. i began to feel a bit guilty, i was one of the reason he had to leave school after all.

"um.. i do have homework but sure i could spare an hour or so" i responded after a pause.

"great see you then!" he cheered. i hung up and moved my eyes to see him gripping the steering wheel harshly. his jaw was clenched and he glared straight ahead at the road.