33.

___

"didn't know watering my plants was in the job description of delivery mail" sarcasm was dripping from his words. "i know the back of your head like the back of my hand, come here."

i sighed in defeat and turned around. his initially cocky expression morphed into a concerned one at my watery eyes. he immediately stepped forward. "what happened?"

my heart swelled at the way he was still concerned for me after what happened. i tried to latch onto any words i could say, but i was left speechless. he understood this and ushered me inside.

as i entered, i noticed the lack of shoes on his shoe rack. his family wasn't home.

he softly latched onto my hand and brang me upstairs. he gestured to his bed for me to sit down. i sat down and admired how he still hadn't changed his room much since the last time i saw it. i ran my hand across the soft power rangers sheets that he never got rid of.

he bent down to my level as i sat down. he searched my eyes for something but then moved his eyes to look at every other part of my face.

i grew conscious of his intense stare. he lifted his thumb to wipe away a tear that slid down and i tensed at his touch. unexpectedly i leaned into his gentle touch and felt comfort. after what happened with jisung, i needed some soft of healing.

i looked into his eyes that were softening more as he wiped away my tears. how could he look at me with such a gentle and caring look after i walked away from him?

all he wanted to do was protect me and i left him for that. fighting is never the answer, i stand by that. but maybe if i knew the reason why he was so angry, there would never have been such a long and painful distance between us.

"mark" my voice come out as a broken whisper. "i'm.. so sorry." my hoarse voice was barely audible.

the desperate tone that jisung had just used on me to get my forgiveness, was now the tone i was using to get him to forgive me.

mark paused and looked shocked at my sudden apology. he quickly understood what happened and nodded lightly. "i didn't expect him to tell you the truth" he spoke softly, as if not to make me more upset.

i was the one who hurt him yet he was here comforting me, it didn't make sense. he was too kind to me.

he was the one who was softly caressing my hair in an attempt to calm me down. he even threw me a soft close-mouthed smile, trying to convince me he wasn't upset or mad at me. he was trying his best to not make me feel guilty. how could i hurt someone like him?

"but at least you know now that he's not what you think he is" he placed a hand on top of mine that were placed in my lap and squeezed gently. "is that what you were crying about?"

he thought i was crying over that. i was definitely upset, however i was more mad about that than anything.

but i couldn't admit that i cried over a wilting flower that we had planted because i thought it had signified the loss of us. how would he react to that?

i hesitantly nodded and went along with the lie. he continued comforting me. occasionally running his thumb across my hand, and catching any run-away tears that escaped my eyes.

i closed my eyes and leaned into his touch without noticing. i was close enough to feel his breath on me and snapped my eyes open to come face to face with his lips.

i looked up to see his eyes following my gaze. he looked at me like he was trying to see what i was going to do next.

his eyes flickered down to my lips before moving back up to eyes. i took that as my push to close the gap between us and press my lips against his. my face that was wet from my tears were now pressed up against his.

i was probably getting my tears on him. but i didn't care. i molded my lips against his and he followed my lead.

i broke away to breath and looked up to his eyes that were closed in euphoria. i felt satisfied with how dazed he looked from the soft kiss.

we were still very close and this time mark grasped my lips with his. he softly grabbed the back of my head to push my lips harder against his. he used his other hand to caress my jaw. he continued softly molding our lips together before deepening the kiss and i hummed in satisfaction.

we could barely breath, it was like breathing came second to us. our main priority was feeling our lips against each other. he didn't want to take a break from my lips and neither did i, but our lungs were starting to burn from the lack of oxygen.

i was the first to break way from the kiss and we tried our best to catch our breath. he pressed his forehead mine against and he breathed heavily with closed eyes.

he slowly opened his eyes to see me peering at him curiously. a cheeky smile grew on his lips and he brought both hands to the side of my face.

he looked at every part of my face and back down to my lips. he looked like he was fighting himself to not go in for a third kiss since i was so out of breath. he resisted the urge and pulled his hands down to my own.

he held each of his hands in mine and leaned down to peck the back of my hand. a smile grew on my face at the sweet affectionate act. he let out of satisfied and relieved sigh, like he had been wanting to do that for a while and he had finally been able to.

"i'm done breathing" i broke the silence. he looked up from our hands, puzzled at what i meant.

"i said, i'm not out of breath anymore" i tried to subtly hint that i was no longer out of breath and he could kiss me again. it was a way of asking for a kiss, without really asking.

i worried that he wouldn't get the hint and i began feeling defeated.

that feeling didn't last long though when he suddenly grinned when he finally understood my words and let out a small laugh. "me too" he muttered while closing the distance between us and claimed my lips with his. let's just say, we lost track of time.

___

[a/n: please check out my NEW book i'm currently writing. i'll be writing both these books at the same time. this is a jung jaehyun au ff and i'm proud of it so far.

check it out on my account pls <33 my writing style is a bit better in this one now that i have more experience writing so please check it out, it already has 10 chapters out and i will be updating often

my writing style is a bit better in this one now that i have more experience writing so please check it out, it already has 10 chapters out and i will be updating often. :)

visit my page @neohoneymoon to read it <3
thank you so much and pls vote!

___