14.

___

"i'll do the part where i add in pictures and you do the writing" donghyuck said as he propped his feet on my table. i glared at his feet but not at his face. i was still intimidated by him.

i should say something because it's my house but i don't want to cause more tension than there already is.

suddenly mark pushed his feet off the table roughly. "hey!" donghyuck yelled.

"anyway.. so me and annie can do the research and then—" renjun was cut off.

"no" mark said bluntly.

"you want to do the research? okay then me and annie will do the writin—"

"no"

"what?do you want me and annie to do all the wor—"

"there is no you and annie " he gritted through his teeth to renjun. his sudden change in tone sliced through the air.

i looked to chenle for help to ease the tension. but he was as lost in the drama as me and donghyuck looked like he was enjoying it.

"mm where's the popcorn" donghyuck said as he propped his feet up again.

"yeah well, there's no you and annie either... anymore." renjun bravely taunted. i really didn't expect him to bite back at mark like that.

mark started to fume and his knuckles tightened against the beer bottle that i didn't even know he had. he threw the beer bottle to the wall behind renjun, nearly missing him by a hair. he got up and grabbed renjun by the collar.

"watch what you say to me... renjunnie" mark seethed. i got up and was about to pry marks arms off him but he let him go roughly and held his hands up in a surrendering kind of way.

"don't worry, i won't do more than that" he turned to face me and faked a smile. "i don't want to stain your carpets" he bent down to collect the broken glass to throw out and with that he left to the bathroom.

i looked on the carpet and that was blood on it despite him not hitting renjun. i looked to his palm when he had his back turned towards me. he must've cut his hand on the broken glass.

ೃ༄

"we can do this another time. maybe next week. i don't think we should continue today." i ushered all the boys towards the front door except mark who was still in my bathroom .

"im really sorry that i provoked him and ruined today." renjun said in a guilty tone.

"no no, it's fine." i offered him a smile to which he returned.

"you better call me tonight" chenle nagged and dragged renjun away with him.

"mark is staying here with you?" donghyuck wiggled his eyebrows and smirked.

"no, he's probably just cleaning up his cut and then he'll leave."

"yeah sure, well tell him i didn't wait for him. i got people to threaten." he grinned.

i shut the door and went to the bathroom door mark was occupying.

"mark?" i knocked and heard no reply.

i twisted the door knob and silently hoped he wasn't using the toilet.

he wasn't. he was standing facing the mirror with the tin ninja turtles bandaid box he had gifted me when we were kids in his hands.

"you keep falling and scraping your knees. here take this" mark shoved a small tin ninja turtle box in my hands.

i opened it to find bandaids that were ninja turtle themed.

"mark your 12 now, you still like ninja turtles?" i teased even though it was still normal for a 12 year old to like ninja turtles.

"fine. i'll take it back" he huffed and tried to snatch the tin box away.

"no! i never said i didn't want it" i ran from him, giggling.

___