25.

___

donghyuck had somehow convinced us to stay at the party, despite renjun being very hesitant at first. now renjun was almost enjoying the party. we were cracking jokes and laughing more than we usually would. we had a few drinks which turned into more. i began to let loose and i felt like i was actually having fun.

i only started tensing when i sensed a set of eyes on me and renjun, but mainly me. mark was watching me intensely. he wouldn't take his eyes off me from across the room. everytime i looked he was watching, i broke contact first.

he was not happy at the fact that donghyuck persuaded us to stay and he would throw hard glares his way. donghyuck only shrugged and laughed it off. he was happy about the fact that he convinced two goody two shoes to party. he basically insulted us into doing it.

renjun was nearly falling off his chair. i giggled and pulled him back up.

"i feel like slime... my body won't stay still." renjun slurred out. both our eyes were droopy and we had gummy smiles on.

"yeah i can see that." i chuckled and leaned my head against my palm. we were sitting at the bar.

"you're.. like very pretty." he laughed and blushed.

"thanks! you're like.. very pretty too." i smiled and closed my eyes. i was getting a bit tired. i felt my hair being pulled away from my face. i opened my eyes to see renjun brushing the hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear. he looked at me with a dreamy look. my faced reddened at how close he was.

"can i tell you a secret?" he whispered, nearing closer to me. i nodded.

"ever since i saw you, i liked..." he moved in closer and i could feel his breath on my lips. my heart started racing and i backed away before he could reach my lips. he fell forward and bumped his nose.

"ouch!" he cradled his now bruised nose.

"are you okay?!" i asked concerned. he nodded but winced pain. i couldn't let mark see him kiss me after what happened between us. we gave our first kisses to each other and even though my judgement was clouded over the alcohol, i knew better. i couldn't do that to him.

he looked embarrassed at the failed attempt, and tried to pretend like it didn't happen. i also ignored what just happened because i didn't want to make things awkward. thankfully because of the alcohol, we were able to move past it.

"should we dance?" he got up and offered a hand like the princes did in the movies.

"renjun we don't know how to dance."

"no one here knows how to dance!" he pointed to the people who were sloppily jumping around to the loud music.

i nodded in agreement and joined him. we jumped around to the music, laughing over how bad we were at dancing. one thing let to another and i got separated from him in the midst of the dancing bodies. i felt a body behind me and whipped around to see a stranger trying to rub up on me. i shoved him off but he only grabbed my arms and pulled me closer. i panicked and tried to look around to find renjun. where was he?

i felt him pull me to a corner and my vision was blurred. he cornered me and trapped me with his arms.

"get off me!" i yelled over the loud music but no one heard me. i struggled against him for a while before he started moving in even closer to me. he tried slamming his lips onto mine but i moved my face and avoided his lips.

"mark!" i shouted out, not really thinking he would hear me. i tried yanking my hands out of his grip when he suddenly put my hands over my head.

tears began leaking out and i heard my name being called from afar.

"annie!?" i heard a voice that sounded like renjun's yell out.

his body was yanked off me and i heard groans and punches being thrown. i could barely see through my tears. i wiped away my tears and gathered myself to see someone beating the guy up.

it was mark.

"annie! are you okay?" renjun ran to my side.
he looked to mark on the floor beating up the guy and back to me. he saw that i was so shook up about what just happened that he led me to the exit.

i looked back to see jeno and donghyuck holding a furious mark back. the guy on the floor was held down by jaemin. mark didn't have a single scratch but the guy was bloodied and bruised already.

i reached back towards mark's direction and was about to call his name, but renjun ushered me out of the basement.

the last thing i saw was mark looking up at me with fire in his eyes, that only died down when he met my teary ones. his eyes became very concerned but i lost contact with his eyes when renjun pulled me outside.

i felt my body drifting off to sleep. there was one last thing on my mind before i slipped off into a sleep.

when i was trying to get away from the guy, why did i call mark's name instead of renjun's?

___