21.

___

"i should tell you some information before i get into the big fight story, so it makes sense."

"go ahead" chenle propped his legs up.

8 months ago

"you've been doing an amazing job annie. you know how i'm graduating next year, i'm thinking about passing down my position to you. how would you like to become student body president?"

"wow that's such an honor. i'd love to!" i tried to hide my excitement.

"but we also have other candidates we are considering. you are currently on the top of the list. how about this.. if you can successfully plan a presentation and speech for our senior trip to convince the principal to let us have one, then you can become student body president. can you do that?"

"of course i can! you can count on me."

i immediately called mark to tell him the news.

"mark!!! guess what! i got an offer to become student body president."

"that's great annie! should we go out tonight to celebrate?" i could hear the hopefulness in his voice.

"you just want another excuse to hangout with me" i joked.

"yep" he admitted. "it's friday anyway, so how does tonight sound?" he asked.

"sounds good." i gave in.

"where are you? i'll come get you"

"room 24b"

"i'll be there soon."

i hung up and jisung walked in.

"jisung guess what! i got offered to become student body president. isn't that exciting?" he froze before his face slowly morphed into a frown.

"what's wrong?" i said after a pause of silence.

"um.. nothing. that sounds amazing. good job" the smile he always had on made it's way back into his face.

i furrowed my brows but brushed his weird behavior off.

"are you doing anything after school?" he questioned.

"yeah, i'm going out with mark." i smiled at the thought of spending quality time with him again after a while.

"you guys are really close" his tone got strange.

"yeah! you know that already." i brushed off his weird behavior again.

"annie" i turned around and mark was breathing heavy with his hands on his knees.

"did you run here? you didn't need to do that mark" i laughed and went up to him. i took my bottle out and gave it to him.

"thanks" he caught his breath and chugged my water.

"hey mark" jisung said from behind us.

he nodded his head at jisung. as usual he was being short with him.

"let's go" mark grabbed my bag and swung it over his shoulder along with his

i waved goodbye at jisung and ran to marks side because he was already rushing to get out of the building.

"mark let me carry my own" i reached up to grab it but he only raised it higher.

"no"

"isn't carrying my bag and yours heavy" i asked as i jumped up to grab my bag.

"not at all" he held it up.

i huffed. "what should we do? do you wanna buy food and make it at my house?"

"mark hyung!" a voice called behind us. it was, jeno i think.

"jeno, hey!" he high-fived jeno.

"coming to the party tonight? we got a lot of soju" he moved his eyes towards me and looked taken back.

party? i didn't know mark went to parties. i knew he started drinking but it seems like he's doing often if jeno is offering. he told me he only drank occasionally. he got into a fight recently and i was worried for him. we planned to get into the same college together. if he kept up this behavior he wouldn't have enough time to study. i don't want to tell him he can't though, especially since i've been so busy with school responsibilities, i haven't had time to spend with him and i don't just expect him to be alone doing nothing while waiting for me.

"oh. hey, annie right?" jeno held out his hand to me.

"yeah" i shook his hand.

mark glared at jeno and jeno gave him an apologetic look. "i didn't know" he mouthed to mark.

mark let out an annoyed sigh. "no i got plans today."

"alright next time then" jeno said as he began walking away.

"i didn't know you went to parties." i mumbled

"i don't really go that often. just when you're busy and there's free alcohol" he joked but i was somewhat serious about the matter.

"you're not doing anything bad right? i trust you enough to know you know you wouldn't do anything to affect your future. you promised me you wouldn't." i warned.

"of course not. i mean i haven't been doing the best with tests but i'm trying hard for you. you seem to care more about that than i do." he assured.

"okay.. well then can i go to one of the parties?" i asked. i wanted to see what mark does when i'm not around and if it's safe. it's not the party that worries me but his friends don't have the best reputation. i asked around the school about them and they're known for getting in trouble. i don't want them to rub off on mark.

"what!?" he shouted. he calmed back and cleared his throat. "why would you want to go?"

"do you not want me to be there?"

"no it's just.. it's not really your type of scene."

"i know but.. if you enjoy it so much i wanna see what it's like. please let me go with you." i begged and gave him puppy eyes.

"i really don't think i should bring you there." he sighed. "it's—"

"dangerous?" i asked and quirked a brow. "because you swore to me that you would never put yourself in harms way."

he sighed in defeat. "fine we can go tonight. but you have to stay by my side at all costs."

"i'm always by your side anyway. you don't need to convince me." i grinned. "now let's go to my house so i can pick out something to wear!" i cheered and grabbed his hand to lead him to my house.

ೃ༄

"and?!" chenle complained. "aren't you going to complete your story.

"class is ending in a few seconds. i'll finish it later" i started packing my bag.

"promise?"

"i swear" i assured him.

___