27.

___

7 months ago

"i'm so nervous for today." i mumbled.

"i'm sure you'll do great" mark exclaimed and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. it was time to finally do my presentation in front of the school board and student council for the seniors school trip. this was so important for me because if they were convinced by my presentation the current student president said she would pass down the position to me.

"you're gonna be an amazing student body president." he winked. i forced a smile, i was too nervous to smile right now.

"come on! smile. a real one." he insisted and picked me up by my waist and swung me around. i couldn't control the laughter that come out of my mouth.

"okay okay! put me down now, we're in the middle of the hallway." i demanded. he placed me down and checked to see my facial expression. this time my smile was real, he immediately smiled seeing mine. it seems like mark can make me smile no matter what circumstance were in.

"hey!" jisung approached us. mark nodded to him but didn't say a word like always. i waved to him.

"good luck on your presentation today. you'll do amazing like always." he assured. i thanked him and we parted ways. me and mark went to the library so i could do the finishing touches on my presentation.

"it looks really good!" mark commented when he peeked over to see my screen. a cheeky smile grew on me at his compliment.

i needed someone to tell me it was good to calm my anxiousness. even though i know mark would tell me it's good despite how good or bad it was.

"i wish i could be there to see you present! but only student body council and school board are allowed to be there " he huffed and slumped down in his seat.

i laughed at how upset he was. "i'm gonna be setting up everything and preparing my cue cards backstage before i enter the stage in the auditorium to present, you could come cheer me on from back there." i offered.

he immediately jumped up and nodded excitedly.

the bell rung and me and mark went our separate ways. before i knew it, it was time to present after my classes were over. i was preparing my presentation backstage.

i wonder when mark will come. i really want him to be there for me in this important moment.

"hey, looking forward to your presentation." the current student body president entered the room.

"well it's thanks to you that i even got this opportunity so thank you!" i replied.

"no need to thank me, most people on the student council agree that you are the most hardworking and responsible person on our team. i mean, everytime you and jisung are assigned something to do for student council, i can see you are always doing most of the work." she chuckled.

i never even realized i was the one who did most of the work for us, hm.

"as long as you do a good job you'll be guaranteed the position. and i know how crazy you are about making your college application look good." she grinned.

"i'll be watching from the audience. good luck!" she began to leave the room but gasped and jumped back when she left through the doorway.

"jisung you scared me! i didn't even see you there. what are you doing just standing behind the doorway." she laughed. "how long have you been there?" she joked. jisung is here? i wondered and moved forward to see jisung standing near the doorway, but where he was standing he was hidden.