37.

___

i snapped my head back to mark with panicked eyes and slightly pushed him out of the booth. the timing was perfect because the next thing i knew renjun had opened the curtain from one side into the photo booth just as i pushed mark out the other side.

"there you are" he grinned as he held the coins in a cup. he looked towards the photo booth screen. "do you want to take a picture? i got more coins" he shook the coins excitedly.

i mustered up a tight lipped smile and nodded. i was flustered at the fact that he almost caught me and mark kissing. renjun showed some type of interest in me and i wasn't sure if he was serious but either way i didn't want him to find out.

"what pose should we do?" he asked as he inserted the coins.

i puffed up my cheeks and he looked towards me. he cracked a wide smile and matched my silly expression with his own. he faced the camera and stuck his tongue out.

the camera shudder appeared and i was reminded of the moments prior.

ೃ༄

we finished using up all our tokens by playing a few games and we were up at the front giving in our tickets to get some prizes.

renjun was looking at the prizes, deciding what to spend our tickets on.

"what do you want?" he leaned towards me.

"renjun you should pick, you basically won all of our tickets for us."

a grin tugged at his lips. "still, you pick."

i titled my head to him and furrowed my eyebrows in hesitance. "you sure?"

he nodded as to assure me. my lips folded into a cheeky smile. my eyes cast over all the prizes. i bit my lip as i tried to decide between the prizes. the purple teddy bear i tried to get from the claw machine before, caught my eye. i gasped in excitement and pointed to it.

renjun looked towards the direction and his expression fell moments later. a dejected look washed over him.

"uh annie i'm sorry but" he hesitated and scratched the back of his head. "we don't have enough tickets for that" he sighed disappointingly as he stared down at his tickets.

i widened my eyes and shook my arms in front of me. "no no that's fine" i tried to show him a smile so he would know i wasn't upset by that. i pointed to another toy. "i like the yellow bunny too."

he looked towards the toy and his eyes lit up as he read the price. "great! we have enough tickets for that. wait for me here i'll get go it for you."

i walked back to a bench to wait for him and tapped my foot. it was a fun day and i felt thankful for such a good friend like renjun to come into my life.

the surprise appearance from mark definitely made things more eventful. the more kisses we share, the closer i am to confronting the feelings we have for each other.

i won't lie, it fucking scares me. he's been my best friend for years and us not talking for a few months already left a dent in our relationship but now these new revelations are leaving me beyond confused.

i love him, i never stopped. but i think i may be falling in love with him. friends don't feel the way i do about him.

a gust of wind hit me and i looked to the side. i felt someone shuffle past me hastily. my eyes fell on a purple teddy bear. the same purple teddy bear i was trying so hard to get at the claw machine.

shock washed over me and i reached for it. i became even more stunned as i looked closer. the teddy bear was holding the pictures in its arms. the pictures me and mark took in the photo booth. i remember freaking out when renjun left the booth to get our photos.

i was afraid that he was going to see the pics me and mark took but they were already gone from the slot.

mark already took the pictures before renjun came out. and he won me this toy? how did he know i wanted this one?

i traced my memory back to when i felt a pair of eyes on me when i was desperately trying to get the toy from the claw machine. he probably saw my struggle and won it for me. then he left it here with the pictures for me.

yeah, my heart did a leap.

and maybe a somersault. honestly, my heart was at the olympics right now. didn't know my heart was a gymnast.

my eyes wandered all over the arcade trying to find mark. but mark knew when to stay hidden or when to be seen.

"here you go" renjun skipped towards me with the yellow bunny i picked. i hurriedly hid the picture in my back pocket. his eyes cast down towards the purple stuffed animal in my lap and his face contorted into a confused one.

"you finally got it at the claw machine?!" he gasped in disbelief.

i nodded and swallowed dryly. i accepted the toy he gave me and we began walking outside. he told me to wait by the front because he forgot something inside. my eyes wandered over the sun that was setting.

the view was beautiful.

a black band t-shirt entered my vision and my eyes moved up. the view just got even better.

"mark" i breathed out.

"annie" he mused back.

i ran my hands over the soft plushies in my hands. renjun's gift on one arm. mark's gift in the other.

his eyes stuck onto the purple toy in my arms and a smile tugged at his lips. he eyes then flickered to the yellow plushy, his expression fell slightly. "it's cute isn't it?" i looked down at the purple teddy bear adoringly.

"yeah it's cute, whoever got you that must have taste huh?" he slightly smirked. he paused and his expression fell once again. "i mean the purple one, not the yellow one" he emphasized with a serious look.

a laugh broke out of me because of how he showed his slight jealousy towards renjun's gift. he huffed at my laughing fit and he began walking away.

"mark!" i called after him.

he stopped and turned around. he hummed while looking towards me, awaiting my response.

"can—" i paused to exhale deeply. i was mustering any courage i had left in me. "can we go back to how we were before? can we be friends again?"

his amused expression became unreadable. he gazed at the floor as if he was thinking hard. his face eventually fell, and so did my heart. did he not want to be friends again? my palms started to sweat at his silence.

"i'll pass on that offer. i can't kiss you if we become friends again. friends don't kiss. but i guess ex-best friends do."

___