22.

___

sure enough, the bell rang and we parted ways. i had a free study period and headed to the library. i set my things down and wanted to catch up on some homework.

i began doing my work. i couldn't shake our kiss from my head. what was i suppose to do now? should i confront him about it. we didn't even makeup yet. we still aren't friends. it's such a weird situation we're in now.

two ex best friends who just had their first kiss with each other.

me and mark.

should i text him? we should at least talk about this. i've always tried to bury any romantic feelings associated with mark away because i didn't want to ruin our friendship.

i took my phone out to ask if he wanted to talk. i typed up my message and all I needed to do was press send. it's that easy. but why am i chickening out? i

"annie?"

"renjun?"

"hey! i didn't know you had a free period now" he smiled.

"yeah i do. you can sit here if you want." i offered and gestured to the seat across from me. i deleted my message and decided to come back to the situation later.

"thanks!" he sat down.

"so about our math project.."

"oh wow i totally forgot about that" i slapped my forehead.

he laughed. "it's fine, me and chenle already started it and i'm not sure if the others are going to pitch in."

"i'll talk to mark and donghyuck for you. don't worry, we won't be doing the work by ourselves." i reassured.

"thanks annie, you're the best." he smiled to which i returned.

"here let me do my part, you don't have to do everything." i reached for his laptop to do the project.

i started my part and was startled when my stomach rumbled. my face got hot and i could feel the redness creeping up.

renjun chuckled and took something out of his bag.

"here take this. eat first, our project can wait." renjun handed me a sandwich and juice.

"wait isn't this your lunch? i can't take it!" i pushed the food back to him.

"i ate the food served at the cafeteria already and i'm too full to eat this. please eat it because if not it will end up in the trash." he convinced.

"okay.. if you're sure" i took the sandwich and devoured it completely. i was really hungry.

i finished the juice and leaned back. ah that was delicious.

it was then when i heard renjun's stomach rumble. i looked at him with accusing eyes. " you lied! you didn't eat yet. and you let me eat your food. renjun why would you do that?" i whisper-yelled knowing we were in a library.

he gave me a guilty smile. "you were hungry and i could always eat later." he tried to assure me.

"no no you should eat your own food if your hungry renjun" i jokingly scolded. "at least let me... buy you lunch after school."

his face lit up and he immediately nodded. "that sounds good to me!" he exclaimed.

"wait. i actually have something to do after school" i remembered that i have to talk to mark and donghyuck about the project. his mood faltered slightly.

"i mean.. you could come with me to ask mark and donghyuck to complete their part of the project." i offered.

he looked hesitant but nodded anyway.

ೃ༄

liked by renjun_nieo and 87 others anniebyu

anniebyu.n treating renjun to some yummy food

load comments
renjun_nieo: thank you :) <3
zhongchen: without me?? u can't be serious

load commentsrenjun_nieo: thank you :) <3zhongchen: without me?? u can't be serious

liked by najaem and 91 others
lee_markuh took my first and left with another.

load comments
hyuck_dong: shadeeeee 👀 ?💋 ?
lee.jenooo7: just @ her bro

[message @lee_markuh]

anniebyu.n
where are you right now?
and are you with donghyuck

lee_markuh
why
and yes

anniebyu.n
renjun's with me

lee_markuh
i know.

anniebyu.n
and we thought now would be a good time to work on the project together

lee_markuh
fine.
[sent location]

"are you done eating renjun?" i asked and looked up from my phone.

"yep" he wiped his mouth and got up.

"did you find out where they are?" he asked. i nodded and we began leaving the restaurant.

"so can chenle come?"

"he said he's busy" renjun sucked his teeth.

"ah ok. well that's fine, let's go" i said and led him to marks location

___