11.

___

 Liked by najaem and 128 others lee_markuh looking at you, looking at me

lee_markuh looking at you, looking at me.

load comments
hyuck_dong: deep af king
lee_markuh: @hyuck_dong smd

load comments hyuck_dong: deep af kinglee_markuh: @hyuck_dong smd

Liked by renjun_nie0 and 102 others
anniebyu.n i still feel your warmth
comments disabled

ೃ༄

10 months ago

"you should really consider joining the student council. i really think we could use a brain like yours" my student grinned at me. he looked at his friend for support.

"yeah. you totally fit the criteria of what we're looking for" she agreed.

"but we're already 2 months into the junior year, wouldn't it be odd for me to join so late?" i asked.

"normally it would, but you have outstanding grades some teachers have even recommended you to us" she said.

these two classmates had been convincing me to join the council for a while.

"i don't know.. i mean that would look really good on my college application." i contemplated.

"annie!" a voice bellowed. i turned around to see mark at the doorway of the classroom. i waved and grinned at him. i held up a finger to signal him to wait for me.

the two students i was talking to looked at each other with a concerned but knowing look.

"are you friends with him?" she asked hesitantly and quiet enough for mark not to hear.

i nodded proudly. "best friends! do you know him to?"

they gave each other a look again before the guy faced me. "i know of him." he pursed his lips.

"okay well, i'll let you know my answer by tomorrow" i bowed to my senior classmates and grabbed my bag to leave.

while walking to the door i heard hushed whispers "it isn't going to look good if someone from the student council is friends with hi—"

"shhh"  he cut her off and looked back at me with a guilty smile, hoping i didn't hear.

i gave a strained smile back.

what do they mean by that? are they talking about mark?

"hey" he ruffled my hair and snatched my bag from me, slinging it over his shoulder.

"hi" i beamed up at him. it felt good to even be near him. i hugged his waist shortly.

he wrapped an arm around my waist and guided me out of  the school.

"i have exciting news! i got an opportunity to join the student council. isn't that great?!" my hopeful eyes peered up to him, expecting some praise.

he looked towards the ground, studying it shortly before flashing me a fake smile. one i could tell was fake.

"that's great annie" he said in an unenthusiastic voice.

"what wrongs? you don't think i can do it?" i inquired.

"that's not it" he sucked his teeth. "i just— it's just that you've been so busy lately ever since the school year started and i feel like we don't see each other enough. i even saved up for a car mainly so we could go places together and i feel like if you take on this position we are going to see each other less and less. i just don't want to los—" he stopped his rant with a heavy sigh. "i'm sorry i shouldn't have said all that."

i was shocked. i didn't know he was feeling that way. he always tells me what he's feeling or thinking. it made my heart heavy to know i made him feel that way.

he took a step ahead of me but i reached toward his hand and grabbed it gently.

i intertwined our fingers and went in front of him so we would be face to face.

"i'm sorry mark. i'm really sorry that i hurt you. i want to spend time with you as much as you do. i'll try harder to make time for you. okay?"

his pained and regretful face was replaced with a smile that pulled at the side of his lips.

"let's go to the zoo this weekend" i suggested brightly.

his smile was full blown now.

he shook his head downwards showing that he was embarrassed by his own words.

i reached up to the top of his head and ruffled it myself. he took this opportunity to circle his arms around my waist and swing me around.

the giggles rolled off my mouth and wouldn't stop.

he set my feet down on a bench, where i was in a position looking down at him. and he was looking up at me.

"promise me that i'll always have you" his playful attitude suddenly got serious.

he's scared of loosing me. how cute. it's been 7 years of friendship and we're still going strong. made of steel. i smiled at the thought.

"what could you ever possibly do to lose me?" i teased and ran my hands through his hair.

"i don't know. but i hope i never found out." his voice strained towards the end of his sentence.

i held out my pinky finger. looking to him to do the same, he smiled at me after realizing what i wanted to do. he lifted his pinky to mine. pinky swear.

we made a silent promise.

maybe it was too silent though.

___