17.

___

9 months ago

"park jisung! stay awake, we need to finish planning for the school dance" i shook his arm that he was leaning on.

"ughh i'm so tired" he groaned.

i had met him when we both joined student council on the same day. since then we both got along really well.

"i don't care. i'm tired too but you don't see me slacking off " i huffed and turned away from him, annoyed at his laziness.

"annieee. i'm sorryyyyy" he drew out his words in a whine. but i ignored and continued typing on my computer.

i heard him get up. seriously? is he really leaving me here?

a few minutes passed and i saw a strawberry milk get placed in front of me and a pair of hands take the laptop out of my hands.

"you enjoy your milk and i'll finish the rest" he grinned at me and winked.

a smile pulled at the corner of my lips.

"i like the sound of that." i giggled to which he flickered his eyes to me from the laptop screen to smile at me.

"annie?" i heard a voice from the doorway.

i looked up to see mark. my face and mood brightened up more instantly. i ran to him and he engulfed me into his arms.

i huffed his waist and he bent down to wrap his arms around me. i shoved my head into his chest and his scent comforted me after a long school day.

i looked up and he cradled my face in his hands. he looked down at me with adoration. we hadn't seen each in 3 days due to our schedules conflicting. that was the longest we had been apart for a while.

"hi" i squeaked out.

"hi" his smile grew and he pulled me closer.

a cough snapped me back to reality that someone else was in the room.

"nice to meet you. i didn't know annie had a boyfriend" his tone became strange towards the end.

"he's not my boyf—"

"who are you—"

i looked at him and silently warned him with my eyes to be nice to jisung.

"this is mark. mark this is jisung."

"so this is jisung" mark sighed under his breath.

"hello mark" he bowed. i pulled marks arm to bow to him as well to which he complied but not without a grunt of displeasure.

"i'm annie's friend" jisung said and held out his hand towards mark.

"nice to meet you, just ask anyone around here about annie and mark and you'll get your answer as to what i am to her" mark boasted and grabbed jisungs hand in a rough grip and shook it harshly with a grin on his face.

i elbowed him and squinted my brows at him. what does that even mean? he shrugged at me.

"we're best friends" i added.

"i think we'll get along well, right?" i stood between the two boys and the tension was rising. it was uncomfortable.

ೃ༄

"i'm sorry about what happened last night. i didn't know he would be there. i wouldn't have come if i knew. i know he doesn't like me." jisung apologized to me. we were at school standing next to my locker. last night i tried to avoid any escalating tension or conflict.

i shoved mark back into the living room and told jisung i couldn't invite him in this time.

"why is he here? did you seriously invite him knowing i would be here? you're fucked up annie. you just keep finding new ways to hurt me!" he bellowed after i closed the door on jisung.

"what?! i would never do that. he just came here randomly. i didn't even know he came back" i denied.

"liar! what kind of weirdo comes to someone's house at 8pm on a thursday?!" he fumed.

"i really didn't invite him here!" i snapped back.

"and to think i thought that we— i can't believe i gave you my first kiss only for this to happen right after." he looked defeated and less angry now.

"mark wait no! i really didn't—" i reached for his arm as he grabbed his backpack to leave.

"tell it to someone who still believes you.." he spun around to face me as he was about to leave through the door. "because i sure as hell don't" he growled out and left before i could do anything else.

i sunk down against the door and tears started to fall down. i never wanted to hurt you mark. not again. not ever again.

"it's fine. i didn't know you would be coming back so soon." i changed the topic.

"yeah, well after the incident i kind of had to leave." he awkwardly laughed..

"do you wanna have lunch with me?" he asked.

"sure but do you mind if chenle and a new student named renjun joins?"

"of course not! i miss chenle." he smiled.

___