20.

___

9 months ago

"jisung!" i caught up to him.

"oh hey annie!" his face lit up.

"can i ask you something?"i was hesitant to confront him. he nodded.

"did you.. did you decline marks calls when you were using my phone?"

"well i didn't—" he contemplated before continuing. "yeah i did. i'm sorry. it's just you seemed so focus on the work that i just didn't want anything to distract you."

"oh.. well thanks i guess?" i tilted my head. "just make sure to give me the phone next time mark calls please. okay?"

"of course. i know better now" he grinned and i turned away but not before i could catch a frown growing on his face.

"do you want to go study together? it's final week and i could use a good study buddy." he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"sorry i can't jisung. i already have plans to study with mar—"

"with me" a voice stated beside me and an arm fell onto my shoulders.

i looked to my side to see mark throwing a cold glance at jisung.

"hi mark" jisung waved.

mark didn't say anything but nodded his head at him.

"um.. well i guess i'll see you later jisung." i smiled and waved to him. mark ushered me to the library.

"do you have a hangover? do you have a headache?" i reached up to brush the messy hair out of his eyes. he didn't comb it or style it today. probably because he was too hungover. last night when i found him drunk behind the school with those other boys, i couldn't help but feel disappointed, but i can't stay mad at him for long honestly.

"a little bit but the soup you made me helped me a lot" he threw me a wide smile which i returned. i prepared soup for him in the morning and gave it to him when we walked to school together.

we made our way to the table and took our books out. we started studying but i looked over to see mark looking confused.

"you want me to help you?" i asked and moved from across the table to right beside him without waiting for an answer.

he nodded shyly and i giggled at how hesitant he was to ask me for help. i took his textbook and looked it over. i explained it to him slowly and thoroughly.

"do you get it know?" i asked hopefully.

"yeah" he smiled and looked up to me from the book. "you make everything so easy! you're the best" he reached over to side hug me. i laughed and ruffled his hair.

"what would i do without you?" i was confused at his sudden change in tone, he seemed serious now. i looked into his eyes that were now somewhat worried. i reached over to his hand and squeezed it, to which he returned the squeeze and brought our hands down to his lap.

"i could say the same thing to you, mark" i beamed up at him.

"can we hang out after school?" he asked and brought his other hand to lay on top of my hand that was holding his.