29.

___

"wow, that was an intense story" chenle looked to renjun who looked like he didn't know what to say.

"do you miss him still?" chenle quirked a brow and renjun elbowed him and glared at him like that was a stupid question.

"you don't have to answer that." renjun sighed. "do you want my gummy bears?" he grinned, trying to cheer me up from the depressing story

"yeah" i breathed out. i had finally told somebody what happened. in a way it was nice to finally talk to someone about it, but the emotions came flooding back with it. i averted my eyes from them and changed the subject quickly.

___

"i need to get something from my locker, go ahead without me." i waved to chenle and renjun. i needed my textbook for math next period. i opened up my locker and took my book. i was shocked to see a soup container tucked behind my book. i was completely puzzled.

who put this here? i furrowed my brows.

realization hit me when i remembered mark acting weird near my locker and shuffling away so quickly. he was putting the soup into my locker while my back was turned to him. he didn't want me to see him giving me the soup.

a cheeky smile grew on my lips. just like how i use to do for him, he gave me soup for my hangover. i guess he wanted to give it to me during lunch but renjun suddenly came.

i made a note to take the soup home with me after school, and made my way to math class. i arrived early enough to chat with renjun and chenle before the teacher came.

my heart raced at the fact that mark would be here soon, that is if he didn't skip like he sometimes does. how should i thank him for the soup?

we discussed our project and came to the conclusion that mine and mark's parts weren't fully finished yet, and donghyuck hadn't completed anything. typical behavior from him.

we quieted down our chit chat when they entered the classroom. chenle abruptly stopped his rant about donghyuck being lazy on his part, when he saw him. i mentally laughed at how scared he was of him.

"well if it isn't the life of my party. remind me to invite all three of you to my parties next time." he winked and pointed to us. chenle straightened up in excitement.

"yes! we would love that." chenle exclaimed. me and renjun glared at him. i was not trying to relive last night.

"i mean seriously, seeing mark beat that dude to a pulp was the highlight of my night. i've been trying to get mark to fight this other dude but he refused. it's a shame because mark has such a mean punch, better than mine." he admitted and sat down at our table.

mark glared daggers his way and flickered his eyes to mine which were narrowed when i heard about donghyuck wanting to get him to fight.

i seriously didn't like his influence on mark. he's changed since he met him but i can't blame it all on him.

mark sat down and smacked the back of donghyuck's head who glared back at him.

"so.. your presentation did you finish writing it out so we can have cards to read off of?" renjun asked.

"hm.. no i haven't done that yet." donghyuck mumbled while texting on his phone. he obviously didn't care.

"can we work on that now? our project is due soon." renjun sighed, trying not to seem upset. donghyuck huffed but complied and moved over to renjuns side to work on it. chenle had finished his part already so he was playing games on his phone.

me and mark were working on our projects on our laptops facing each other. my laptop blocking his face and his blocking mine.

i mustered up the courage to thank him. i peeked over the laptop and his eyes flickered up to me. his eyes went from hard and concentrated to soft immediately.

"um" i cleared my throat. "thank you for the soup." i said just above a whisper. the rest of them didn't hear us over the loud chatter of the other groups doing their work.

he looked surprised at first but then nodded as a way to say you're welcome. i couldn't help but peek over at his laptop screen to see a few paragraphs written. the same few paragraphs he wrote last time we worked on it.

he hasn't written anything more all this time. he must be confused on what to write.

"do you need help?" i whispered to him. he looked conflicted on what to say at first and sucked his teeth. he hesitantly nodded.

"do you want to meet at the library after school?" i asked. he nodded, still not saying a word. he was still acting cold towards me but i don't really blame him. despite seeing each other more often, it was still a weird atmosphere.

the bell rang and we all shuffled out of class. the rest of the day went by and now i was setting my things down on the library table, while waiting for mark.

___