Part 1 - The Hidden Girl

A/N: Another Jamie Johnson FanFic! I am completely obsessed with this show so writing this has given me an excuse to rewatch it all! 😂 I decided that this story would be completely separate from my other fanfic, (but same original characters obviously). Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions please please comment them 😊. Also, if you haven't read my other Jamie Johnson Fanfic please check it out! I would really appreciate it. 😊
Thanks for reading!
———————————————————————

From behind her book, Bella could see everything and nothing at the same time. She could see the land inside her books, live in the pages, but be completely oblivious to the outside world. She couldn't see her desperate sister asking for a boy's selfie. She couldn't see that arrogant boy, Dillon, playing football fiercely in the background. But she could hear everything.

When the bell rang, she was forced to throw her book in her bag and began walking to the entrance of the school building. She heard the familiar sound of her twin running up behind her.
"Bella! Want to see my selfie with Jamie?"
"Who?"
"Jamie Johnson." When she showed a blank expression on her face, Indira carried on. "Y'know, he scored a goal against some goal keeper and it's gone viral. Even Auntie Carol and the girls have seen it."
"But they live in Copenhagen!"
"That's the meaning of viral, Bella." She said rolling her eyes. "Anyway, I've got biology. See you after school." Walking away, her group of friends gathered round her, laughing and gasping at her selfie. Bella wished she had people like that.

As she walked into English class, she was surprised to see the seating plan had changed. Glancing around on the smart board to find her space, a name popped up before her eyes: Jamie Johnson. And next to him: Isabella Cave. Great. She thought. The last thing she needed was to be sat next to a over-confident 11-year-old football player.
Bella saw the back of his head come into the class and follow the same routine as her, before sitting down next to her and taking out his books.
"Alright." He said, not making eye contact as he opened his books.
"Hiya." She said.

Isabella's POV
"Hiya." I said, feeling myself grow uncomfortable. I was always nervous when I spoke to people I didn't know.
"What team do you support?" He asked. Strange question to start with, I thought, and I just replied, "Huh?"
"Football team?"
"Oh, um, Hawkstone, I suppose." He must have guessed that I wasn't exactly confident on the football teams in the area, and replied, "You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?" He laughed and I smiled.
"Maybe not. I did go to a Hawkstone game once with my dad. He always wanted me and Indira to get into football."
"No way! You're Indira's sister?"
"Uh huh. Twin, actually. Isabella. Nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand for him to shake and he took it. I felt my self relax more.
"Twins? But you look nothing alike?"
"Yeah we're un identical."
"Oh right, I'm Jamie." He replied.
"I know." I replied, smiling, just as the teacher walked in to start the lesson. Maybe I could survive a lesson next to a football superstar.

At break, I sat inside alone. Well, half alone. I was with some of Indira's friends as they sat around watching Jamie. Indira was talking to Jamie's best mate, Jack, asking her to ask out Jamie for her.
"You're not serious are you?" I asked Indira, who simply smiled in response.
"I know right, but I'll ask him." Jack said, and walked over to Jamie and Boggy.
"Prepare to get rejected Indie." I said to my sister who just pulled a face at me in response. "Seriously though, just to ask him if you're serious." I said, although giving dating advice to my sister just seemed wrong - she was the popular one.
"Are you kidding! It's always better to let him come to me."
"What, and making his best friend ask him out for you is gonna make him just come crawling back is it?" I said, throwing as much sarcasm into my voice as possible.
"Ugh, Well what would you know Bella, you've never even had a boyfriend."
I hesitated, knowing full well Indira didn't know about my previous dating life."Well at least I don't have a different one every other weekend like some people I could mention." I retorted.
"Whatever, I'm gonna go ask Jack what he said." She wandered off, but called back "Oh, by the way, I'm staying for the game tonight so mum says that you have to too."
Great.

When school was finally over, I walked down to the football pitches for the longest hour and a half of my life. Ever. I planned to just read for most of it.
When the Ref blew the whistle to signal the start of the game, I found myself looking up from my book more and more. Watching the players. One in particular.
I found myself clutching the metal fence in anticipation, and remembered that I actually quite liked football. It had been so long since i'd seen a match.

When Indira went to see Harry after the game, (he was her new crush after winning the game for Kingsmount) I walked to the side of the road where my mum was meant to be picking us up, but I glimpsed the shadow of a boy kicking a ball against the side of a garage. Curiosity got the better of me, and I wandered around to see who it was. I knew who it was really. I just wanted an excuse to talk to him.
"Jamie?"
"Huh? Oh. Alright?"
"What are you doing back here?"
"Getting in some practice." He said, unenthusiastically.
"I thought you'd be celebrating. You're through to the next round."
"I know, but I had a bust up with Harry after the match. Savage says I'm on my last warning."
"Oh." I was taken aback. I hadn't originally thought of Jamie as someone to lose their temper easily. He looked so calm on the football pitch.