Part 28 - The Announcement

We ran over, Jack yelling.

"Oi!" She said, pulling Jethro backwards.

The two boys stood panting, glaring at each other.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Jack yelled. "Do you want to get expelled? We've got the first round of the cup tomorrow!"

"Hansard hasn't even announced the team list yet. Although I bet he'll pick this loser over me." Jethro said, pointing at Dillon half-heartedly as if all he really wanted to do was go home.

At that moment, my phone vibrated in my pocket. "Guess what? He just announced it."

Jack bounced over to me, reading the names as quickly as possible at the same time as me. "No Zoe?" I said out loud.

"I mean she was new, what do you expect?" Jack said, but we were both thinking the same thing: Zoe deserved to have been selected.

"You two boys are both on the team as well if you care." I said to Jethro and Dillon, still boring holes in each other's skulls.

Both boys said nothing, still staring straight at each other. Once again, I blended into the shadows, neither boy doing anything to suggest they had acknowledged me.

Jack rolled her eyes. "Ugh."

Dillon retorted at this, giving Jack a look that said everything. "Sorry mum." He said, grabbing his bag off the ground and heading back out of the Common, followed afterwards by Jethro and Jack. But as she walked past me, I noticed a figure in the distance mowing the pitch, looking straight at us.

"Coming Bella?" Jack asked.

"Yeah." I said, turning around. "Let's go."

___________________________

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't been updating much and that this chapter is so short!! I have been really busy, but I will try and update more regularly! 😊