Part 45 - The Truth

"Yes we're out!" Jamie exclaimed as no alarm rang out when the door swung open.

"Hey, how about we borrow some wheels from the bike shed?!" Jethro exclaimed excitedly.

"They'll all be gone by now." Jamie replied, but Jethro seemed to have a solution to everything.

"Nah, the after school club's still around!" He said, and sure enough, there were still bikes locked up when they arrived at the bike shed.

"You're not really gonna steal a bike, are you?" Dillon asked, looking skeptical as Jethro and Jamie tried to unlock some bikes from the bike racks.

"We're just borrowing them!" Jethro replied.

"And this one's not even locked up!" Jamie said, pulling out a bike and pulling his hood over his head.

"Jamie you're still at Foxborough." Dillon reminded him.

But Jamie just shrugged.

"I'd give anything to still be at an academy." Dillon pressed, but Jethro cut in.

"All academies are the same. They eat you up and spit you out." He said, and Jamie could see the look on his face was angry, probably at Hawkstone for letting him go. "Besides," Jethro continued. "It's good to have a bit of fun once in a while, right Jamie?"

"Yeah." Jamie replied, but Dillon still didn't look convinced.

"Too bad neither of us are with Bella anymore; she used to be right up for this sort of stuff, until she turned into a goodie-two-shoes." Jethro said to Jamie, who looked at him sceptically.

"Bella?"

"Yeah, didn't she tell you? We used to have a right laugh."

Jamie had tried to block out all thoughts about Jethro and Bella dating from his mind, but this was too intriguing. "What do you mean?"

"Jamie." Dillon said. "Don't. We're gonna get caught out here."

"Relax Dillon." Jethro said, then turned back to Jamie. "I suppose Bella told you about that time she bunked off."

"Yeah, she said she didn't want to do a play or something."

Jethro laughed. "Yeah right. She was bunking off with me."

"Wait, do you know why she got expelled?" Jamie asked.

"Of course I do." He smirked, glad of his power in this situation. "Why should I tell you though?!"

"If you don't I'll go back now and tell them you're about to steal a bike." Jamie threatened, making Jethro roll his eyes.

"Alright, fine. I'll tell you. She said it herself everyone seems to know these days. Guess it's just you she's keeping in the dark." He said, making Jamie glare, before continuing. "There was a prank that someone did that made me pretend to break up with her. Well, long story short she smashed up my dad's car after school."

Jamie looked at him skeptically and looked at Dillon, expecting him to be surprised, but he didn't.

"Did you know about this?" Jamie directed this question to Dillon, who shrugged in response.

"Haven't you realized, Jamie?" Jethro said. "That was how Dillon got her to help him through the final last year."

"You sure we're talking about the same Bella?" Jamie asked.

"You tell me. Did it seem like she'd never done anything remotely rebellious that night you two broke into the school?" Dillon asked.

Jamie thought back to that night, how Bella seemed so alive and excited. But he still couldn't believe it; he'd always imagined that Bella couldn't even put a scratch on a car, let alone smash it up.

"I still don't believe it." He stated, and Jethro smiled.

"Suit yourself, but I've got proof." he said, pulling out his phone. And sure enough, it was Bella on video. They hadn't been lying. "From my dad's CCTV." he said, referencing the footage. "My mate Alex shared it around. It's why she got expelled; everyone in the school saw it. It's even online if you know where to look."

Suddenly, Jamie felt his anger build up: at Bella, at Jethro, at Jack and all the others, at Foxborough. And he followed Jethro as he rode out into the woods.

____________________

A/N: hi I am publishing sooo much today I hope you are enjoying reading as much as I am writing! 😊 so some stuff got explained this chapter, what did you think? And if you enjoyed pls consider voting! 😌