Part 19 - The Secret's Out

"Michel?" I said, walking up to him as he stood awkwardly outside his car, watching and glancing hurriedly around the school.

"Jamie! Where's Jack?" He replied with hurry.

"She's gone looking for you!" I exclaimed to him, feeling a little sympathetic, but then again, this was the boy who'd stolen my best friend. Was I really sorry?

He sighed, seeming unsurprised that she had bunked off. "I wanted to say goodbye."

"That's what she said too." I said.

I realised as Michel spoke that I was starting to see him in a new light. I felt no anger towards him anymore - it was replaced with sympathy.

"Can you tell her I'm sorry, and to Bella, too?" Michel said after a pause.

"Bella? Why?" I answered quickly.

"Did she not tell you? We, me and Jack I mean, had a bit of an argument with her." He said, looking a little guilty.

"About what?"

"About you, actually. Well, about everything I suppose. Me and Jack, you and Bella." He said.

"What do you mean, me and Bella?"

"I know you think no one knows about you two." He said with a slight smile.

"What?" I said, but Michel just smiled. I sighed as I admitted defeat. "Does Jack know?"

"She has her suspicions, like I did, until I heard you two that day of the semis, behind the stands."

"How?" I said, anxiously. If Michel had heard us getting together that day, who else had?

"Relax, Jamie." He had obviously seen my face change into a worried expression. Michel continued. "I was just walking past whilst getting a football from the shed. No one else would have heard, I promise." He sounded, sincere, but I couldn't stop thinking about what would have happened if Dillon had heard.

"Anyway, can you give Jack this?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out an intricate necklace. "Tell her that I hope it brings her more luck than it ever did me."

_______________________________

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter was so short!
But we hit 1K views!!!!!!! 😳And 2K on the other JJ Fanfic!!!!!!😁
Thank you so much for reading and voting!