Chapter Thirty Six

The door to the classroom slammed shut behind me, breaking the silence that had settled over the classroom. I was late as ussaul, Tiger had thrown a fit in the car on the way here and Libby had forgotten her lunch. I only had 6 more weeks left at this school before Christmas break and moving to San Francisco. I didn't want to move to San Francisco but really it didn't seem like I had a choice. The Autumn break had been amazing, never could I of imagined such a surreal thing happening to me. Sure there were ups and downs, like the Ella incident and the unfortunate night out in New York that practicality destroyed me. But overall I think it was one of the best holidays I had ever had,  in all my 17 years of existence I had never experienced something as magical as that. I know that sounds cheesy and your probably thinking 'oh shut up Audrey' but its true, not a thing I say will ever describe the past two weeks.

"Miss Jone's" I was still standing awkwardly in the door way, all eyes were trained on me "nice of you to join us" my teacher Mr Laney states. Mr Laney hated me with a passion, something I wouldn't of minded if the student he loved with a passion wasn't  Ella.

"S-sorry" I stutter out stumbling through the classroom "won't happen again Sir"

"No your right, it won't. You can sit next to Ella over there, she doesn't bite" he says smirking, no she doesn't bite I think to myself she slaps the living daylights out of you instead.

Sighing I slump into the seat next to Ella, careful not to bump or rock the desk. Once seated I see that Ella has scooted over making a larger space between us, she was glaring at me her mouth set in a hard line. Rolling my eyes at her I see Clara shoot a sympathetic look in my direction.

Class droned on, we were doing third level English, learning about the importance of Shakespeare and informative language. Something I had absolutely no interest in. Groaning I take out my phone, intending on using the calendar to mark a field trip but instead finding six new messages. Most of them were from Taylor telling me all about her and Ed's date last night and how lonely my bedroom in New York looked. But there was also one from Austin, it contained a whole lot of read hearts with a single I miss you at the end. Smiling I screen shot it, capturing it for a later date.

"Who ya texting blondie?" Turning I see Ella leaning over my shoulder, watching me type back a reply to Austin.

"No one" I say flicking of my phone and sitting it down on the desk.

"Mr Laney" I hear Ella call out, an evil grin spread across her face.

"Yes Ella" I don't even need to hear what Ella says next to know whats gonna happen. Mr Laney strides over to our desk and swiftly picks up my phone, slipping it into his back pocket.

"End of the day" He says to me "you know the drill Audrey"

20 minutes later Mr Laney finnaly let us out, as soon as I made it out the door Clara and the gang ambush me. I hadn't spoken to Clara since our argument over the phone a couple weeks back and as for the rest of the gang I hadn't seen them all holidays. But then again they weren't really 'my gang' they were more 'Claras gang' and I just tagged along.

"Oh My Gosh Audrey, im so sorry. As soon as I ended that call I knew I shouldn't of said half the things I did and im really sorry and..." The words are flooding out of Claras mouth so fast I can't keep up, everything was spinning round, I felt like I was about to have another panic attack.

Slowly I slump  against the wall, resting my head back.

"Slow down Clara, Its okay" I say slowly, closing my eyes briefly.

"It's Okay?" Clara asks and I nod "oh yay! I was so worried that you'd hate me and everything omg, friends again?"she asks, cocking her head sideways.

"Friends again" I say,though im not sure if I mean it.

The day passed slowly, Clara was trying to get information about Taylor and New York out of me litteraly all day and Ella keeped glaring at me and making snide comments at me at every opportunity. Nothing out of usual, apart from the fact that everybody started at me as I walked pass like I was wandering naked or with a huge kick me sign on my back.

School finished eventually though and grudgingly Mr Laney gave my phone back, warning me not to loose it a second time. Taylor had been texting me all day, before getting extremely irritated when I wasn't replying. Along with Taylor's texts there was a reply from Austin and a text from an unknown number. Clicking on it I watch as it pops up;
Hey beautiful, its dad. Just making sure your getting on okay. Can't wait to see you in spring! Make sure you bring everything!

My throat feels tight as I reread the message, everything was becoming more real. Slowly I shift my thumb, hovering between delete and reply.

HEY HEY HEY
So this took me ages to write sorry, and im sorry theres not much Taylor  but please vote and comment!
~ Cait ~