Chapter Thirty Nine

It all started with a little yelp, a little yelp I had let slip out when Taylor elbowed me straight in the ribs as she repositioned herself on my bed and unknown to her ontop of me. Taylor had been lying on top of me for a good 15 minutes, but I hadn't dared say anything because who knows what would have happened. I could of given her a heart attack if she found me lying on my bed under her. But as soon as Taylor heard the little yelp she had lept straight off the bed, knocking her laptop to the floor in the process. Taylor had stood next to my bed for a good ten seconds holding in a scream before she had the nerve to rip the covers off of me. Seeing me lying there on my bed my face wet with tears my hair a mess however did cause Taylor to scream. Andrea had obviously heard Taylor's scream and had come running up the stairs, bursting into the room wearing one of my Moms aprons, her hands covered in flower. The look of shock on her face though had been even more dramatic than Taylor's, the both looked like they had just seen a ghost. And now they were both lecturing me about bunking off school, and not one of them had mentioned the state I was in.

"Okay" Andrea says finally "I think im finished here, I'll let her own mother do the rest when she comes home. I need to get back to preparing dinner." and with that she left, leaving me with a mad yet still slightly startled Taylor.

"Oh Audrey" Taylor sighs "you've really blown it this time" I wasn't sure how to respond, this was the second time I had made Taylor mad. I bet she hated me now, just like everyone else in this godforsaken town.

"Im sorry" I mutter bitterly "I fuck everything up, I know" I wasn't angry at Taylor or her mom, of course I had reasons to be angry at them but no I was angry at myself. This was the second time I had messed up in Taylor's presence, I bet she didn't even care anymore. "You can go" I snap "you don't have to stand there looking like a goldfish".
Taylor was standing there next to my bed her mouth gapping open, frowning. I could see everything was running through her head, what I had just said, what I had just done, what I hadn't just done. Everything.

Finally she stutters out a "...what?" As if she hadn't just heard the past 10 minutes of conversation. Hell, she'd even taken part in it. I wasn't sure what had just come over me but I was now feeling hella sassy, even though 20 minutes ago I was a hot mess. To be fair I still looked like one, but hey beggers can't be choosy. I must be getting my period soon if im having mood swings this quick.

"I said you can go!" I say again as Taylor still proceeded to stand there like a fish outta water.

"Auds?" Taylor says quietly after a good minute of silence "whats going on?" It was as if her brain had finnaly accessed the situation and had come to the conclusion that yes, something was in fact terribly wrong.

"Nice of you to notice" I snap, not even flinching at the hurt that regestures in Taylor's eyes.

"Audrey, this isn't like you. Baby girl please tell me whats going on?" I roll my eyes, baby girl? What am I five?

" Taylor it doesn't matter, not to you anyway." Taylor eyes me, before frowning slightly.
"What about Austin, does it matter to him?" I feel my knees go weak and my lip start to wobble, it didn't matter to him, because he wasn't here. But Taylor was.

Slowly but surely I opened up, I felt my sassyness slip away as my eyes filled with tears. I told Taylor everything, from top to bottom about what had happened at school and at home while she had been away. I told her about Clara and Ella, about my other friends and my grades. About my dad and how scared I was to moving. About my recurring panic attacks and finally about Austin.

By the time I was finished I was once again a hot mess and Taylor looked pretty darn close to collapsing into a fit of tears to. In between my ranting and confessing Taylor had told me all about her and Ed. She had made a mistake, they both had. I know I shouldn't have but her telling me what they had done gave me feels. Lets just say it was a good needed therapy session.

"Wow" Taylor whispers her voice cracking "a lot of stuff went down" I nod slowly,still digesting everything.

"Yeah, and now even more stuff is gonna go down when my Mom gets home" Taylor winces,"Yeah, im sorry about yelling earlier, I didn't really adress the situation"

I just nod "its okay, I was the one hiding in the bed under you" at this we both crack up laughing, until Taylor's face turns serious.

"So are you really going to sneak out in the middle of the night to see Austin?" I freeze, how could I of let that slip? I had been so careful in all the details I had been telling her.

"I miss him Tay" I whisper, leaning in for a hug "and Christmas is a month away" I feel Taylor nod against my head.

" I know how you feel, im not gonna see Ed till February, because your spending christmas with us and-" I cut Taylor off;

"Taylor you can still see Ed, hell invite him to spend Christmas with you to, more the merryer"
Taylor laughs, "I'll talk to him. But Audrey, I really don't think you should be driving all the way to Notre Dame just to see Austin, you could get hurt beautiful. Plus this ain't something outta Paper Towns, you'll see him soon enough".

"Yeah I..."I was about to say something else when I hear the front door swing open, it was Mom home for lunch.

Me and Taylor both exchange a worried glance as down stairs grows suspiciously quiet until I hear my Mom yell out "SHE DID WHAT?"

Hey wassup guys, it's ya girl and she's back with a super crappy chapter...
Hope you guys liked this because I sure as hell didn't, promise I will be back with a better chapter neexxxxxt sometime because I don't know when.
Please comment and vote and all that good stuff.
Luv ya
~ Cait ~