Chapter Thirty Two

The plane bumping onto the runway jolted both me and Taylor awake. Letting out a breath of relief I sit up a little straighter, we hd just landed back in Chicago, and the familiar view was a welcoming sight.

Taylor was still asleep in the seat next to me, we still had a few differences to sort out. But the last day we had in New York, Taylor canceled all her meetings so that we could talk and spend some time together. To me that ment a lot, not many people had ever made time for me. We only had three more days together in Chicago anyway as next week was the first week back at school. To think I only had one and a half semester's left at school. My school and the twins school were elite schools, so unlike other schools we had different holiday periods. Of course we still had Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year holidays, but we also had spring and Autumn. I personally found it weird. Just coming of Autumn holidays then 4 weeks later thanksgiving and the Christmas. Its the same with spring, we have Christmas then five weeks into the second semester we get two weeks of, 'spring vacation' then another 5 weeks and we have 'Summer Vacation' or for us seniors, no more school! Wich was something I quite liked the idea of, as for me school was a living nightmare.

"Hey Tay" I whisper shaking her gently, trying to wake her up "we've landed" I say a little louder followed with more shaking. But all I get in response is a mumble as Taylor rolls over in her sleep.

Groaning I shift through my handbag till I find a half full bottle of smart water.

I knew I was going to regret what I was about to do, but Taylor wasn't known for being a light sleeper. Unscrewing the cap on the bottle, I tip the entire contents on top of Taylor's head. I watch in amusement as she wakes up spluttering in utter confusion.

"What the...?" She says wiping her face, and looking around blindly.

"Your awake" I say as cringing at the look Taylor was giving me.

"Was this necessary?" She asks rummaging through her bag, before producing a small face cloth.

"Well I didn't really want to waste my water either..." I say cheekily, Taylor just rolls her eyes.

"Come on you, Austin will be waiting" I feel a knot grow inside me at the mention of Austins name. Will he even want to talk to me after what went down on the phone?

Walking out of the airport I can already hear the deafening screams of fans, grabbing my hand Taylor slips me a pair of dark sunglasses, before putting on her own running her hand through her slightly damp hair.

"This way" Taylor says giving me a nudge in the direction of Austins black SUV.  Taylor pulls open the passanger seat door, and quickly gives Austin a one armed hug before sliding into the seat.

I guessed I'd be sittingin the back so I jump in quickly as Austin starts the car, without any recognition towards me.

"So..." he chats away easily with Taylor "how was New York, everything sorted? Only one more week untill its all out there!"

"Yeah..." Taylor says slowly, I knew she had noticed the tension between us.

An awkward 30 minutes later Austin pulls up outside my house. I was getting ready to get out when Austin turns around to face me, his eyes cold and his jaw clenched.

"You go on in Audrey, I just need to talk to Taylor for a minute" Silently I nod my head, slipping out of the car I feel a tear trickle down my cheek probably leaving a crease in my makeup. Austin didn't call me princess. I knew that he wouldn't after what I had done, but some part of me was still hanging onto a little shred of hope. Even if it was spat out in a menacing tone.

Sighing I push the front door open, a rush of warm air hitting my face. Dragging my bag down the hall, in hopes that I could make it all the way up to my room without my presence being noticed.

"Audrey? Is that you?" My heart sinks as my moms shrill voice reaches me from the kitchen.

Slowly I push the door open, revealing both my Mom and Andrea sitting at the table, neither of their faces exactly welcoming.

"Uh, hey?" I say awkwardly, stepping into the room.

"Are Tay and Austin back to?" Andrea asks getting up.

"Yeah" I say nodding my head in the direction of the front door.

With Andrea gone, my Moms face grows more hostile, her eyes holding about the same warmth as an iceberg.

"Audrey" she says her voice softer than I had expected "we need to talk"

Hey hey hey
So this is one of the main peaks in the story, but just so you know this story is far from finished!
5 comments + 7 votes = New Update
~ Cait ~