Chapter Twenty Two

Taylor still wasn't home by the time dinner rolled around and I think even Andrea was starting to get concerned by the lack of communication from her. Not that I cared at all. Mom had come home about an hour ago and had rudely barged into my room waving to University papers in front of my face.

"Babe!" She says excitedly "you got in!" To be honest I didn't even know she had sent in application forms. Maybe my Mom does more than I give her credit for.

"Really?" I mumble trying to playdown my excitement and act like I don't care.

"Yes isn't this great?" Mum yells jumping on the bed next to me "You'll be able to go study journalism!" Mom knew that was my dream and now maybe I could for full it.

"Wich ones?" I ask rolling over.

"Ah" Mom says reading the two envelopes "Notre Dame and University of Chicago" I smile of course Mom had put me in for those ones.

"Notre Dame" I say slowly "isn't that where Austin goes?" Mom nods excitedly.

"Yes!" She says "and he's told me it has an amazing English program,  but im giving you the choice" I smile sitting up I pull Mom into a hug.

"Thankyou" I whisper into her shoulder " I didn't think I'd get the chance to go" Mom just smiles.

"Oh sweetie,  there was no doubt about it. I was making sure you went and I wasn't going to let you argue with me. Now come on Andrea's cooked a celebratory dinner" smiling I follow Mom down the stairs and into the dining room.

"Congratulations" Austin says pulling me into a hug "I expect to see you around campus" smirking I sit down.

"Who said that's where I was going" I laugh as Austin pouts before serving me a huge helping of potato mash. Taylor still wasn't back and Scott and Andrea had both fallen into the habit of glancing at the front door every two seconds.

I was anoyed at Taylor,  why did she have to be away tonight? The night I found out I was going to University. My anger towards taylor was growing by the minute and I kept finding myself staring at my mash like it was poison.

"Audrey are you alright?" Scott asks about twenty minutes into the meal "you've been glaring at your mash for the past ten minutes"

"Im fine" I say blushing as Tiger and Libby snicker.

As everyone was nearing the end of their meals, the kitchen door squeaks open and Taylor slips into the room followed by a slightly pissed off Steve.

"Honey where have you been?" Andrea asks jumping up and making her way around the table to hug Taylor.

"So what did I miss?" Taylor asks sliding into the empty seat next to me. I look at her in disgust and she cringes before looking down at her plate.

"Well Audrey got accepted into two University's" Austin says grinning at me. Taylor looks up at me in suprise.

"Really?  Audrey thats amazing!" She tries to pull me into a hug but I flinch away. Instead I stand up, scrapping my chair back I dump my plate in the sink before fleeing the room.

I was sitting on my bed reading my worn copy of To Kill A Mockingbird when Taylor walks in. I had pushed all her stuff into one corner not really caring if I had made a mess of her belongings.

"Im sorry Aud" she says sitting down next to me.

"Don't call me that" I snap back as Taylor sighs.

"No Audrey listen" She says looking me in the eye "Im truly sorry that I forgot,  Ed took us to this trampoline place and we had to hand our phones in at the counter" Taylor losely wraps her arm around me and on instinct I nestle into her body.

"Am I forgiven?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No your not. Its friends before boy friends isn't it? And don't you even try to say that Ed isn't your boyfriend" I snap at Taylor,  watching as her face goes from shocked to hurt.

"Okay" she says quietly "I'll sleep on the couch tonight"

I smirk, no way was I letting her sleep on the couch,  I may be mad but that doesn't mean I don't care "no way, I still need my cuddle buddy!"

So here's two super awesome updates, hope you like them!
5 comments + 7 votes = New Update
~ Cait ~