Chapter Nineteen

New York,  I never thought I'd ever have the need to go there again. That city held so many memories good and bad. It was the start and the end of something and as much as I try to forget living there, I can't.  I was little at the time so of course my memories are scattered. But I remember it was hard for us. Hard to make ends meet, my family was struggling with money and the rent of our apartment,  my Dad was always switching jobs and my Mom had to stay at home and look after me. Things were different, faces were different and opinions were changed.  My Mom hates New York now. It reminds her to much of Dad and the struggle to maintain a family.

"Why remember then, when we can look at what we have now" she used to say whenever I asked if we'd ever move back there. I didn't think I'd ever want to go back there, but I was proved wrong. Like I am on most things.

The phone call, Taylors phone call. Thats what had triggered my memories of New York and the pale look that was now etched into Moms face.

The phone call had been from Taylor's management,  she had to fly back to New York for 4 days, this was because of her new album being released in 3 weeks. She was needed in meetings to finalis everything. Taylor had broken down in tears when she had heard the news because all she wanted was two weeks out of the spotlight,  two weeks to relax and forget everything,  but here she was being dragged back on a plane again. Well she flew out tomorrow,  she promised she would come back for the remaining three days she had left in Chicago but that wasn't the same, we both knew it.

I had become so attached to the tall blonde over the past 4 days and I couldn't bare to let her just walk out the door like that, so with that said I possibly proposed the worst idea in history.

"I'll come with you!" I had said, watching in horror as the look on Andreas face darkened.

"I don't think thats a could idea Audrey" Andrea said coldly,  Taylors face fell.

"Please Tay?" I had begged trying to find her weakness.

"Audrey no! Don't even try! Think of everything that could go wrong!" Andrea yelled, fuming.

"I don't see what the problem is?" Taylor said turning to her mom "personally I think it's a great Idea" my heart skipped a beat "but you'll have to ask your mom Audrey"

Andrea still wasn't set on the idea, and even now after it had all been confirmed she was still shooting me looks.

"Ask Mom what?" Tiger giggled as he rode into the room on Austins shoulders.

"Im going to NY" I declare as both Austin and Tiger frown.

"No your not" Andrea had butted in, looking at Taylor dissapointment evident on her face.

"Mom" Taylor said angrily "it's my life, I decid how I live it! Not you!" At this Andrea had backed down, cowering in the corrner attempting to make breakfast.

"So you are or aren't going to NY?" Austin asked,  as he sat Tiger on the counter.

"She is" Taylor said strongly, Austin noded.

"Fair enough" at the Tiger looked up.

"I wanna go to" he whined, pouting his lip.

"Maybe next time little man" Austin said ruffling his hair "right Tay?"

"Definitely,  next time you can come stay with us in NY, you can bring your whole family" Tiger snorted.

"Nah " he said "Mom can stay behind" at that everyone in the room cracked up, including Andrea.

Just then Mom decided to make an entrance,  gliding into the kitchen coffee in hand, her face pale.

Turning round she looks straight at me "no one is going anywhere" my insides flip and the grip Taylor had on my shoulders tightens.

Grudges are grudges and sometimes you just need to let them go.

So here you go:)
Sorry if it sucks and is dissapointing lol
4 comments + 5 votes = New Update
~ Cait ~