Epilogue

-8 months later-

I walked through the buildings of Notre Dame campus, the tiny slip of yellow paper that contained a single room number catching the wind in my hand, fighting to be free from my grasp. It was just starting to turn into fall, with the edges of the leaves on the trees, turning different shades of yellow and red.

I had been here merely three days and I had already had enough of the college life. I was sharing a dorm with possibly the messiest girl I had ever met, who had a strange hatred for music and any other colours apart from grey and black. The food here was also tasteless and I had spent most of my weekly allowance on snacks. I could already tell it was going to be a very long 16 weeks.

My walking slowed to a halt as I came across block 105. Somewhere in that building was his dorm room. Looking up at the building my eyes scanned the windows wondering which one was his, maybe he could see me down here on the pavement, shivering in the cool breeze that had sprung up. I gave a low sigh as I tugged at the thin sleeves of my cardigan before hoisting my bag higher up my back and entering the building.

A rush of warm air hits me as I walked through the double doors, quickly followed by the noise of chattering and loud laughter. This building was completely different to mine. Walking down the halls of block 112 you hardly saw anyone, it was like everyone was to scared to go out and would rather hide in their rooms. But here their were seniors everywhere. Lounging on broken couches in the common area, playing Xbox in the middle of the floor and fighting over coolers filled with ice. It was like you had stepped into a completely different university.

Quickly I made my way through the common area and into the hallway that lead to the first set of dorm rooms. Taking a sharp left I'm greeted by a well worn flight of stairs. Huh, I thought to myself, maybe all the blocks have the same layout ? Cautiously I made my way up the stairs, the room I was looking for happened to be on the third floor.

Eventually I'm met with a gold metal 3 stuck to the wall in front of the stairs. I couldn't help the smile that creped onto my face as my feet came in contact with the worn carpet of the third floor. I missed him beyond words could explain. I missed his smile and the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed. I missed his sister and his wonderful family. God I missed him.

A group of seniors I recognized to be his friends pushed past me as they ran down the stairs, their yells bouncing off the hollow walls. At least I know I'm in the right place.

Reading the room numbers on the doors I stopped abruptly in front of a sold wooden door. I looked down at the yellow slip in my hand one last time, checking I wasn't about to knock on some poor strangers door. I felt a wave of nerves crash over me as I knocked lightly on the door. I could just hear the faint sound of someone shuffling around in the room. The door suddenly clicked open and I'm greeted by a face I haven't seen in weeks.

He looked so different than I remembered with a light stubble surrounding his mouth and his hair a mess like he had just woken up. A million thoughts started running through my head as he looked me up and down before meeting my eyes with a soft smile.

"Audrey," he breathed,"I thought you had stood me up." Leaning forwards I give him a light kiss on the lips, leaving him wanting more. The thoughts that had been running around my head disappearing with the touch of his lips and his breath washing over me.

"Now what type of girl would I be if I stood up a date?" I counteract, the tiniest hint of a smirk played on my face.

"You remembered," he said before leaning in to kiss me again, pulling me irresistibly closer.

"Austin, tell me how could I forget?" His eyes crinkle and his lips part into a smile. The same smile he had given me the very first time he had kissed me on the check in the bathroom almost a year ago. The very smile I wanted by my side for as long as possible.

Hey guys! Here is the epilogue you all have been patiently waiting for. I hope you enjoy it! It's not much as I haven't had a lot of time to write recently. I also haven't finished editing the whole book but I will get there I promise.
Thankyou for reading this book and if you wanna read more of my works check out my profile.
Love you all xxx
Cait xxx