Make Ups | Chpt 111

Hello peoples

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I scrolled through the news, catching a few things about me and Kacchan. After hearing him say he had been censoring the bad stuff from me, I had begun to wonder exactly what was said. I suppose that was just me looking for certain trouble. My mother came into the kitchen, everyone else still asleep. 

"What are you doing up?"

"Eh, nothing," I shrugged. I just gestured to the plate of food I had made and she went for it. I was going to wake everyone up soon anyways.

"What are you looking at?" she asked.

"Just news," I replied. She eyed the food before turning to me, resting against the counter. 

"(y/n), we haven't really gone out have we? I've just been around here and we stay in when you come to visit," she said.

"Yeah?"

"Why don't we go somewhere?" 

"Sure, like where?"

"Maybe the park, the mall? I haven't been to a mall in literal years," she said, taking out a plate. 

"Yeah, of course," I agreed. I paused, looking around at our surroundings. "Hey are you ever going to move back into our actual house?"

"Oh," she said, pausing. "I mean, I don't really see much point. I suppose we could move back, it's just sitting there isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Do you not like being around here?"

"No, I do, it's just been a while and I'd kind of like to be home. With you," I pointed out.

"I haven't been there in years too."

"Room is just like you left it," I added and she nodded. 

"We can stop by on the way home, I think Ai likes it here while I'm still adjusting. So she doesn't have to take care of her lame old sister alone," My mother admitted. I just nodded.

"You're not lame," Ai called, rolling her eyes. She walked past me, shoving my head and I glared at her. 

"You're always welcome to stay whenever," Mitsuki added and she and Masaru followed behind Ai. Kacchan grumpily walked in behind them, still tired. That was a switch, seeing as he usually was awake far earlier than I was. I had to admit he had quite the restless sleep last night. It got to the point he actually had to move away from me, he was squirming far too much. He sat down next to me, a bitter expression on his face. 

"Did you want me to come with you to the exams today?" I asked.

"Tch, no, I don't need you to follow me there," he scoffed. I gave him a knowing look to which he brushed off. 

"Well maybe I'll catch the end of it after hanging with my mom," I said.

"You should be nicer," Mitsuki scolded.

"I'm nice!" he argued. I just placed a hand on his forearm, discreetly under the table. Mitsuki placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you for breakfast and thank you for him," she said, seating herself. Kacchan steamed and I just squeezed his arm. He gripped my hand with both of his instead, tugging it into his lap. The adults started talking and Kacchan turned to look at me. His eyebrow was twitching and I gave him a soft smile. 

"You're going to do great on the exam today, I promise," I said, using my free hand to lightly brush his cheek with my hand. He seemed to relax, face tilting down. I stood up to get him a glass of water, retrieving my hand. That was definitely why he was so restless. If he didn't get his exam today, it would be beyond embarrassing. It wasn't that he wasn't capable, it was just his sour attitude. Hopefully, now with me he would do a lot better with that. I filled up the glass as Ai suggested a mall we could go to. I set it in front of him to wake him up a little.