Toss | Chpt 124

Hello there!

Not the greatest at fight scenes, so let me know what you think of this chapter. I'm trying to get better!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"The next move you make will not end well," my father advised, Reo at his side. I stood taller looking upon the pair with great disdain.

"They're weak," I said softly, Kacchan being closer enough to hear. I watched out of my peripheral vision, seeing the slight nuances of how he held his hands. His muscles were taut and at the ready. "Go for Reo."

"Do not make a decision you will regre--"

I made a run at my father, catching him off guard. He knew me from watching me, so if I employed the fighting techniques of people I had seen or my friends, he would struggle to anticipate what I was going to do. Reo was too tired to fight and keep us from our quirks, my father having taken advantage of yet another person. That was his first mistake. As I ran, I reached down and unhappily ripped the bottom of my dress to make it shorter. I couldn't be tripping around and I was left barefoot, having slipped off my shoes. My father easily blipped aside, whipping a set of test tubes towards me. He was expecting to use my water quirk against me, so I wasn't going to use it unless I was surely in the advantage. I ducked as the test tubes flew over me, the cabinets flying open.

Kacchan leapt up with a loud explosion, getting the higher ground. He angled downwards and knocked Reo off his feet with a kick. He was watching me slightly to assess the situation. He had grown greatly in skill, channeling his power into less of a hot-headed type of mess. Reo slammed down to the floor and in a quick attempt to protect himself he shot Kacchan's hand back with a blast of air. Kacchan quickly tugged his tied and jacket off, his dress sleeves ripping as he continued to create explosions. It seemed that it was harder for them to get a hold of us when we were moving. I didn't expect him to be able to mess with my physical body, only my surroundings. It was raining outside, so I had to figure out some way to use that to my advantage. There had to be water pipes somewhere. Or maybe we could get outside. Kacchan crashed into Reo and they continued to fight, Reo slashing at him with sharp objects and metal.

I focused on my father, taking a left. Normally I would use my right to my advantage, but I slammed into him from the side, sending him over one of the lab tables. I leapt up, onto the table with a soft boost of water. I readied my hand, pinning my father to the floor by his shoulders and neck with a strong sheet of water. I yelped, feeling the table give way beneath me. I let go of him, boosting up again in the event he tried to trap me in the table somehow. I was knocked back, crashing to the floor. I winced, looking up to see Kacchan dragging Reo with him through the air.

I forced myself up, my father across from me. A cabinet came my way by the force of my father and Kacchan quickly exploded it. I blocked the containers and shards of wood with a wall of water, wrapping a quick ring of water around my father's wrist. He tugged me forward, my wall crashing down to the floor. I slammed into the table by my gut, feeling my throat tighten as the air was forced from my lungs.

Fuck.

I was tugged up before I could break the water bond, finding myself face to face with my father. He looked at me, slightly sweating and I glared back. Things were only beginning.

"I don't know where your mother went wrong with you," he stated. I was halted now, dropping the water around his wrist. I felt a sensation as if I were choking, but his hands were simply at his sides. "You've felt it haven't you?"

It was apparent that I could not breathe. Anything else was not at the forefront of my mind.

"You know exactly where you belong. There's something in the feeling of control," he said. I swung back, cracking my foot into his shin. His grasp on my breath was let go and I looked to Kacchan as Reo nearly sailed past into my father. Reo had a couple of burns, wincing. We effectively swapped enemies, leaving Kacchan to bombard my father and for me to deal with Reo for a while.