Why? | Chpt 38

Hello gremlins.

Go read Broken Hearts by IceicleV2 or perish. It's rly good and if you like Dan Howell which I'm sure a lot of you do then read it!!!! Y'all pls I'm begging you.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

When I woke up that morning we hadn't moved at all from our spots besides the fact our legs had intertwined while we slept. I felt my nerves begin to act up again, like some silly schoolgirl crush would. I knew it wasn't a wise decision to stay here and that I should roll away before he woke up. I was supposed to be playfully fighting with him, keeping my respective distance as a rival like before. I owed it to myself to roll away. I need to roll away. But, that part of me was too giddy and grateful for the moment now that I remained in his firm hold. It wasn't totally against the rules to enjoy myself once in a while. That's what people with normal crushes did anyways, anyone would be lucky to be here with Kacchan. With their crush...

I hadn't quite meant that last part, but it evoked jealousy in the pit of my stomach anyways. I glanced up at his sleeping face, feeling the warm excitement in my chest. He was pretty, that was undeniable. Even if we weren't at odds, he probably wouldn't even stoop to date me. He was a high status future hero and very attractive and I was mediocre. He had said that I was gorgeous, though I was still skeptical about that and last night he made it clear he was upset by the fact we were associated. So I didn't have much going for me there. I lifted a hand to brush through the ends of his hair. It was so soft and yet was defined in the way that it sat on his head. He was so pretty it was kind of unfair. His face was still kind of angry while he slept, but peaceful, and I noticed it looked rounder. Soft. I took my fingers from his hair, knowing I'd get in trouble.

I shut my eyes again, listening to the gentle thump of his heart. He was steady and I should take advantage of the nice situation while I can. How pathetic to think. I glanced down the length of his body, seeing his hand rest flat against his stomach and I shifted my hand down to grasp his fingers. They were rough as usual and I always found them quite fascinating. They worked just like my quirk in essence. He could produce the explosions from the palms of his hands as I could produce water. I wondered if it felt the same way as my quirk. He had many callouses probably solely because of the toll explosions took on his skin. I knew the muscles in his forearms must hurt too when he used his quirk too much. I hadn't realized I had begun to absentmindedly play with his fingers until they grasped around mine.

"What are you fucking doing?" I scrambled away, causing Kacchan to wince as I shifted off his arm. "Were you playing with my fingers?"

"No! I wasn't, piss off!" I warned and his confusion grew to a smirk.

"Yeah, you were," he replied, his eyes flickering across my face and body. "What could you possibly be thinking." I immediately recognized what he was insinuating and I threw one of his pillows at him.

"Shut up," I choked. "Hand me my glasses." He did and I placed them on my face, looking at him clearly. I could see pretty clearly without them, but I wanted something to cover up my face a tad more.

"I get it, you're fidgety sometimes," he scoffed, sitting up and leaning against his pillow. He noticed that kind of stuff? I was a pretty nervous type person like that when I got into my own head I tended to twiddle with my fingers, though I used to do that way more often when I was younger. Was he not going to mention how I was clearly awake in his arms? I glanced up at him and he stared intensely back. "Your glasses are dirty, jeez can you take care of yourself or something?" He pulled them from my face and though I could mostly see clearly now I didn't have the heart to tell him he could just set them down again. It couldn't hurt to wear them.