Balancing | Chpt 53

Howdy. Please go check out my Kaminari x Reader!! I'm uploading every Sunday!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Here," I said, offering up guest badges to Izuku and Shoto, pulling one around my neck as well.

The straps were worn and some of the badges were creased or bent at the edges and no doubt dirty from continuous use, as I assumed the dull receptionist never stopped to wipe them off. I headed down the hall, pressing the elevator for my mother's floor. The two boys, who had been mainly silent except for conspiring with one another the entire train ride, were stood protectively on either side of me and silent again. The ride up the 2 floors was silent too. I led them down the hall and to her door. I knocked, tugging it open.

"Mom, I'm--"

"You're being targeted? How could you not tell me?!" I barely got a glimpse of anything before my face was shoved against my mother's collar by her hands.

"Wha- mom what are you talking about?" I asked, trying to tug away from her hug. How had she so easily fallen and hurt herself so badly if she had such a death grip on my head? I felt my face heat up smushed against her sweater, knowing Izuku and Todoroki were watching from behind me.

"Oh I was so worried about you!" she hummed and I groaned slightly as she peppered kisses on my hair.

"Mom seriously wh--" I glanced up finally from her shoulder to see that the police were sat comfortably on the small couch in the room, notepads in hand. I pushed back my mother finally to get a better glimpse at them, my mother taking my hand.

"I'm glad you're here," she said. "Hello Izuku."

"Hi Kawasaki-san," he replied awkwardly, accepting her outdrawn hug. It had been a long time since I heard my mother's last name. I had given up trying to get mine changed to her in the school system and people always just called me (y/n). I didn't try to think about Hatanaka often.

"And you are..."

"Todoroki, mom," I replied. Her eyes widened, staring at him for a moment.

"Shoto correct? Nice to meet you dear," she said, offering her arms in another hug. He glanced to me and I nodded, causing him to accept. I glanced back at the police officers, feeling Izuku place a hand on my arm. It made me even more nervous now that my mother knew about my target situation. Why were they even here?

"Please excuses us Kawasaki-san," one officer said, standing up. "We're going to interview a few nurses, we'll be back soon." I watched the pair leave, my stomach in a knot.

"Why are they here?" my mother let out a sigh, gesturing to the chairs.

"My fall, they presume it's medical malpractice," she said, "I'll gladly explain further, but I want to know exactly what is going on with you and why you've been lying to me?" I felt my face grow hot, my face adverting from both my mother and my two friends. "Is this why you aren't allowed to visit me alone?"

"Yeah..." I said. I glanced at Todoroki and Izuku who didn't seem as awkward as I suspected them to be. It was obvious I had been holding in a lot of stuff and they wanted to know too, not to mention they probably wanted me to get out everything for my own sake. I took in a breath.

"What happened?"

"Well obviously you know that villain that attacked at the school gate a while ago and you know I got caught up with him. Apparently he snuck some note in my pocket and the police were trying to figure out what it said."

"They thought the note was for UA," Izuku added and I nodded.

"It was for me because when I went to go look at the note at the station, it was in that stupid language I made up as a kid," I said. "Not even you knew it."