Missing | Chpt 121

Hello there

Enjoy~

Bakugo's POV

I couldn't quite remember waking up, but when I picked my head up to an unfamiliar space I recognized that I must have been unconscious. If my memory served me correctly, I had just been to the lobby of the gala with (y/n) and she was talking about the information she had gotten about her father. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the mellow darkness around me. I felt woozy, almost like someone had tossed a marble around in my head to stir things up and the points at which it had hit my head particularly hurt. It was a strain to see and as I gained some bearing as to what was going on, a recognized the familiar feeling of being trapped. I was seated in a chair, strapped down by my arms and legs. My suit was slightly wrinkled and from the look and feeling of it...wet.

Almost immediately, my adrenaline began and in my panic of struggling against the chair, I soon discovered my lack of quirk. The chair looked ordinary, but my mind was telling me they were quirk deafening bindings. That or someone nearby, but I was rendered completely incapable. My heart racing and the familiar panic rising up in my chest brought my mind and eyes to the most important subject:

(y/n).

She was right beside me in a chair of her own, strapped as I was. Her hair was not as neat at she had made it for the party, and her dress was slightly wet as well. (y/n)'s head was slumped forwards and she was completely out still, unlike myself. I opened my mouth to try and wake her with her name, but decided that might not be the best idea. Had the League gotten to us again? How had they been so smooth about it? All of their plans were rushed and crude, whereas I hadn't even known what was happening at the time I was knocked out. I couldn't remember a struggle. I shut my mouth to stop the heavy breaths, feeling my face get hot with the breath stuck in my throat. Where the hell were we?

Looking around the place with my eyes fully in focus, I began to recognize the place we were in. It was just a few weeks ago that we had been here, Kara something labs where he father used to work. (y/n)'s father. My stomach dropped when I began to pick up on exactly what was going on here. It was the basement lab where he used to work, all shut and locked up. Quiet. From what I could see, there was another entrance that I didn't recall leading lower...even beneath the basement.

Was he in there?

The door opened and I dropped my head, shutting my eyes as to not raise suspicion. That is, if they didn't have cameras watching us and had caught me when I woke up. The door shut, but rather than the 1 set of footsteps I anticipated to hear, there were 2.

"Lock that, don't be careless now," one voice spoke. It was older and I figured that might be her father. Who was the other person? Dai? The old boss?

"Yes sir."

The other voice was not recognizable as Dai from what I could remember. It sounded younger, but was still male. I had thought that maybe Chouka could be here, considering all that happened. My mind was jumbled and I was frankly afraid. I was trying to put together all the puzzle pieces together. Had her father been purposeful with (y/n)'s memory problems? What did he want ultimately. Was this even him?

"You did a well job in subduing them Reo." The older voice was speaking and I could hear them pick up (y/n)'s head, letting it drop. Reo was that boy...that had attacked our school and taken her voice. He must've been the one to attack us...or rather just knock us out. If this was her dad, what did Reo have to do with anything? Maybe he was just some poor sap like Chouka.

"Thank you sir," Reo replied. I heard a few things and the heavier footsteps came to stop beside me. He picked up my head and I tried to be as limp as possible in the event he could recognize I was awake. He let out a solid and single laugh as an exhale, dropping my head again. I felt the tug on my hair release and his foot steps walk away. I could hear them head down a flight of metal stairs to the area I had not previously seen until now. I looked to (y/n), seeing she was still out. I craned as far as I could with my upper body, nudging her with my head. She was still out cold. I tugged at the metal shackling my hands to the chair, feeling them dig into my wrists. My hands were completely dry, despite my nerves and adrenaline.